BOV question

hello, i used to have a lightning, but now i own an 08 f250 with SCT live wire pre programmed banks intake filter with complete banks exhaust system.
the car run pretty good with those mods.
i m thinking to install a Blow Off Valve a.k.a turbo guard. when installing the BOV the SCT needs to be re programmed in order to run good?

it is a BOV from DFUSER is around the $600.00.
what can you say about that mod to my turbo?

hey sorry to posrt something that doest come from a lightning, but i know you can help. thanks

My suggestion is to just leave your truck the way it is, the bov on your truck will not help it in any way, its a diesel. A bov is used to release the excess pressure in your intercooler/pipes when the the throttle is closed, but thats how it would work in a gas, on a diesel it wouldnt work like that.The bov would just make your spool slower everytime you let off the throttle, and actually cause it too run worse, a diesel doesnt have a throttle body and doesnt have sudden pressure spikes that need to be released. A 6.4 diesel has both a MAF and a MAP, if one is off the truck will not run right, and if you release air after the maf metered the air then weird things will happen, and if you do get it you definitely should call sct and ask them for there opinion.

Back