Bought a bike

BADASSTRUCK1

Well I went out Yesterday and bought a motorcycle wasnt what I wanted I just couldnt justify in my head $595.00 a month for a custom bike so I bought a Honda VTX 1800 custom.

Congrats man. Have to drag you up to Windy Ridge now! Let's see some pictures of the bike.

Oh yeah, and how did the test go today?

Failed,failed,failed here is the story the Instructor walks up to the 5 of us who are taking the test and he points to me and say you sir are going to fail. I laughed and said what makes you say that he says that bike is to damn big to past this test it will never pass, he staged the cones 10' apart with a 4' offset there are six of them in a row after I ran over all of them I had to continue on and make a u turn without my feet touching the ground in a 4' x 12' square needless to say that didnt happen either. So the moral of the story is this dont buy a 8' long cruiser and expect to pass you washington endorsment skills test. The instructed said to mee after he gives me my failed slip find yourself a smaller bike you did better than I thought you would!

That does it! Now I need a bike. There is no way to pass the test on a sled like that. When I got my license I borrowed a small bike from a buddy. No problem then. Sport bikes are just as bad for the test. At slow speeds they don't turn.

Yeah, sport bikes need speed and countersteering to be worth anything. My friend literally had to walk his Speed Triple through the slalom, and the instructor gave him a pass (that was in Oregon, though). Big bikes are just too long to get through the slalom (anybody here ever have to REALLY slalom on the road?). Ron, I know where there is a little Honda 80 you could use to pass the test!!!

Your best bet to get your endorsement is to go take one of the motorcycle training classes, typically offered at community colleges. In Oregon at least, as long as you pass the class, it is an automatic license endorsement. And they provide the little bikes for you to thrash on for a couple days. Instructor almost sent me home for having too much fun on the 150cc enduro I got :(

Bill, not sure what kind of bike you are looking for, but Sarah's dad has an '01 Ducati Monster 900 Dark for sale, complete with clip-ons and Termignoni exhaust. If you're interested, let me know.

The Monster sounds very interesting. Always wanted one of those. Shoot me the info. Year, miles, color, price, etc.

I am going to use a freind of mine harley 883 sporty I think that might get me there maybe. Kris I would have to pick the 80 up and walk it through as well At 5 hp it might not even motor my big ***!

Bill, I'll shoot you an email once I get all the particulars.

Ron, you underestimate the little Honda ;) It's build like a brick, steel frame and all. I think the bike is almost as old as I am (maybe older). Besides, the pictures of you on it would be priceless. Gorilla having it's way with a football comes to mind.

Good luck on the Harley Sportster, those are still long bikes in the grand scheme of things. Take the class, it is an easy pass. Here is a link with some info: http://www.pcc.edu/schedule/default...s&thisTerm=200403&topicid=MRC&type=Non-Credit

Last edited:
LOL :D

I would love to get a bike with the gas prices the way they are now. The wife doesn't have a problem with me getting one either.

The catch? I have to choose between a motorcycle and the Lightning.

Unfortunately, using a bike for the cost benefit (using less gas) is a false economy, because you have to replace the tires a LOT more often, and they're nearly as expensive each as good automobile tires. Save today, pay tomorrow, type of thing.

Not when you are comparing 10 miles to the gallon vs 40 bodawg it dosnt take long to buy alot of tires man I rode the bike to work 3 days last week and spent 5 dollars in fuel I drove the truck 2 days last week and went through 1/2 tank which equals $26.00

The cruiser are not nearly as hard on tires as the sport bikes. My last GSXR I was lucky to get 3k miles out of a set of tire on the street.

Yep, sport bike tires = pencil erasers when it comes to wear rating.

So, when are you retaking the endorsement test?

Congrats! Glad that test isn't that difficult in FL. You should show up to take that test on an old honda trail 70 that instructor would probably pass right then and there lol that thing will practically turn a circle at idle without falling.

Back