Boost Bypass?

n99L

I was thinking about geting one of these boost bypasses and wanted to know if it would be worth installing and if it is safe for the motor

The way it was described to me from the guys @ RPM outlet is that with their way of doing it the truck is always in the boost and therefore the psi ramps up more quicly than if things were set up in a stock fashion. The quicker the boost can ramp up then the quicker the power will build. They claim they have dyno data to support this.

Roach

I just finished mine over the weekend and going by the stock boost gauge it pegs out on 10. I used to be around 8-8.5 so does look like it's picked up a bit, also can tell when you get in the throttle too. Gonna find out if it definitely works on Sunday at the track.

I went from 14lbs to almost 16, but I really cant tell if it made a difference I don't abuse my truck and it hasn't been to the track since I done this.

worked great for me, i did it off the rpm website. biggest differance i've seen is between shifts. seems as it hits the tires harder.

i did it and averaged 13.5 with mostly stock trck pegs boost gauge at 10 psi and runs way better at mid throttle but at wot seems to slip sc belt

just unplug the sensor...
i've did the vac line switch etc... and i gotta say every month i have to check where i did the t fitting at with the 90* elbow... it dry rots out. ive had to replace it a few times now... but yeah you can just unplug the sensor and it does the same thing.

Smitty

Back