Boost actuator adjustment

NakMan

I noticed this weekend that I'm not getting as much boost as I used to.

This was after having gotten my truck back from the dealer who replaced the head when the plug blew

This is with the stock guage, so I'm not quoting accurate numbers here, but before the head work, I was getting about 10.5psi with the actuator adjusted.

I'm now getting about 6psi.

I tried adjusting the actuator, but can't seem to find the spot I had before. My understanding is that the tab needs to just touch the stop on the blower flange.

Do any of you have a different understanding?

NakMan

I thought about playing with that, but I don't have a comfortable spot to test the "run 80mph, and you know you got it right when a 'breath' on the throttle will send you to full boost".

Well, after fiddling with the actuator and achieving no good results, I called Mike Walker at Landmark and told him about the problem.

I even offered to put the stock air filter and throttle body back on if that would make their diagnosis any easier. Mike told me to not worry about it.

Anyway, he called me a short while ago and said that a vacuum line was routed incorrectly so it was bypassing all the time.

It's done now so I'll pick it up tonight.

NakMan

Back