blowing fuse 8 (mirrors, speedometer, interior light, etc.)

NLOC

BBM
I Support the NLOC
What is the probable culprit ....on my 94? Took it out for a drive and shift slammed me + no speedo. All are part of the blown #8 fuse, but something is popping fuses as they are installed with key off....HELP. :headscratch: ;m

Anyone have a schematic of that circuit that I can use to chase the problem? :?

Any help appreciated! :eek:ldtu:

What is the probable culprit ....on my 94? Took it out for a drive and shift slammed me + no speedo. All are part of the blown #8 fuse, but something is popping fuses as they are installed with key off....HELP. :headscratch: ;m

Anyone have a schematic of that circuit that I can use to chase the problem? :?

Any help appreciated! :eek:ldtu:

Big D, did you happen to adjust one of your electric mirrors? Maybe the right one?

No, but I turned the mirror select switch to the middle position hoping that that would remove power to the mirrors. Can I disconnect them at an easy to get to point?

No, but I turned the mirror select switch to the middle position hoping that that would remove power to the mirrors. Can I disconnect them at an easy to get to point?

Have you tried another fuse since you selected neutral on the mirror switch?

Check the cargo light. Pull the lens cover off and see if it is melted or a wire shorted. Also do the same for the Interior light. I have seen the wire get knicked by the screws that hold the light in and one day the ground out causing a short.

Check the cargo light. Pull the lens cover off and see if it is melted or a wire shorted. Also do the same for the Interior light. I have seen the wire get knicked by the screws that hold the light in and one day the ground out causing a short.

Yup. Thats, what I was gonna say.

+3
sounds like short somewhere...
have you installed any new electronics where you taped in to that source?
if so you can start there...
good luck:eek:ldtu:

gen1shortcircuits.jpg
. You might have to zoom in some to read it. Hope it helps you out.

+4, I had to run two new wires to mine...

Back