Better speakers with no mods required?

I forgot to get back to you on the tube. The powered 8" that I have is a little too big to fit behind the center seat. They do make a 6" tube though.

Well, I drove to a car audio shop to buy some $55 Alpine door speakers. $605 later...

6ad8f166df5faec3e62cf9fd631beb84.jpg

It sounds pretty awesome, though. I don't think I'm going to bother with a sub. The speakers fit perfectly except I had to clip some plastic tabs off of the rear speakers to fit them into the trim panels. The front speakers came with adapter rings which have the stock screw pattern in them, so no drilling holes or anything. I'm still using the factory wiring, with the factory amp removed. If you have an Alpine head unit, the amp is 100% plug and play and fits in the factory amp location in the dash. I just zip tied it into place. I did have one problem, which is that the new head unit would not trigger the amp to turn on by itself. I had to go back to the audio shop where they "jump started" it by adding 12v to the amp trigger wire (blue with white stripe) at the head unit.

Here's an audio clip, not that it does any justice. Be careful, it starts out loud:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DotKItS9gcg

Back