Best distributor.

93blackbeauty

Chris Clayton
Well the MSD took a dump today. Parked it Tuesday ran fine. Today. Splutters but won't run. Tested everything but the PIP (don't have the tools) everything else tested good so that plus the multitude of reports of the issue I think it's safe to say that's the problem. I can't locate a stock one and I really don't want to fool with this have MSD rebuild it with more Chinese junk. So what do you guys run with good results? I plan to daily this truck once the tuning is done.

I had a parts house unit that sheared a roll pin. Any other brands or a place to get the discontinued factory unit?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Well the MSD took a dump today. Parked it Tuesday ran fine. Today. Splutters but won't run. Tested everything but the PIP (don't have the tools) everything else tested good so that plus the multitude of reports of the issue I think it's safe to say that's the problem. I can't locate a stock one and I really don't want to fool with this have MSD rebuild it with more Chinese junk. So what do you guys run with good results? I plan to daily this truck once the tuning is done.

I had a parts house unit that sheared a roll pin. Any other brands or a place to get the discontinued factory unit?

Best? OEM there very reliable

My dealers are useless if they can't point and click.

They should be able to check on the computer and try to source you a dizzy from another dealer anywhere in the states..

My local ford dealer has done this for me, finding parts that have been discontinued as far a New York..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They should be able to check on the computer and try to source you a dizzy from another dealer anywhere in the states..

My local ford dealer has done this for me, finding parts that have been discontinued as far a New York..

I'll check that out maybe I'll call a better dealer about an hour from me.

Here give my guys a shot.. They might drop ship it you..

Galpin Ford Ask for the Parts Department
818-787-3800

Here give my guys a shot.. They might drop ship it you..

Galpin Ford Ask for the Parts Department
818-787-3800

Awesome thanks! Yeah we have a small town dealer local and he doesn't know too much about anything outside the new stuff and the rest are all a chain and they aren't big in parts they push you to a new one.

I can pretty much guarantee you there ain’t no more — PIPs/stators, yes — dizzy’s, no
Yeah I had like 20 sellers to choose from for the PIP. I bought one and it's on my bench but I'm pretty leary of taking the MSD apart. It looks like a royal pain. But the casing is well built just cheap electronics. Seems like if I can get the motorcraft sensor in it without destroying anything I should get a good bit of mileage out of it.

I am debating going to coil packs though. Now that I have aftermarket EFI.

I’m pretty sure you could change it to a cast gear. Not sure if you have access to a press, but if not you might have to pay a machine shop. The total cost might not be worth it, but that’s completely up to you.

I’m pretty sure you could change it to a cast gear. Not sure if you have access to a press, but if not you might have to pay a machine shop. The total cost might not be worth it, but that’s completely up to you.
Yeah my grandfather has one. But either way I'm in the money. Either getting this one fixed or buying another. I'm done with the cheap parts store ones though. Shearing roll pins yearly is not my idea of reliable lol.

FWIW I bought one of those OEM dizzies from eBay (from the link that I shared). I opened the box this morning, and it looks nice and of Ford quality. The gear, however, almost looks cast. It doesn't have the machining marks of a steel gear. I'll bring it to my machine shop for an opinion, and let you know.

FWIW I bought one of those OEM dizzies from eBay (from the link that I shared). I opened the box this morning, and it looks nice and of Ford quality. The gear, however, almost looks cast. It doesn't have the machining marks of a steel gear. I'll bring it to my machine shop for an opinion, and let you know.
If it's correct I would definitely buy one. I wanted a stocker when I bought the MSD because of all the issues I read about. It's held up great mechanically but I can't afford to be changing sensors every 8k miles. That's all I've put on this thing so far.

Back