belt lenght issue

superdan

Needing the correct belt lenght using stock pullies and a smog delete from a fox I'm know this topic has been discussed alot but I couldn't seem to find a concrete anwser

I do believe stock will be what you need. I had same set upon my G1 but cant recall 100% certainty what belt.

I Live For Myself and I Answer to No One.

I tried my stock belt and it's too long I got the delete with the plastic pulley and it's a bit smaller than the smog pump

Thanks for the info

Watch which way you wrap around the Water pump and crank pulley off the PS pump. One way you get a sloppy fit, the other way you get the proper fit. Easy mistake to make, and you accuse the parts guy of giving you the wrong belt.

Pretty sure I got the routing right unsure my tensioner is putting enough on the belt I can take the belt off by hand but it's not squealing or anything the tensioner is brand new and it's been like that the whole time I've owned the truck well since I put this engine in it anyway can't remember how it was with the old engine

I would say it would have to be a half inch shorter. I had a belt issue like you recently and ended up buying 4 different sizes till I got it right. It would be quite till I put some driving time on the new belt then it would start screaming

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

x2. Tensioner should ride in the middle of its arc of travel with correct size belt. If you have a new tensioner and can take the belt of without loosening the tensioner, you need a shorter belt.

Those may be too tight. It'll scream if it is. The delete pulley isn't that much smaller than stock so the 101 should fit snug.
With the belt off mark the bracket with a marker so that the tensioner is half way. That'll allow you to know how far off the belt is from fitting. I tried the string technique and the string would stretch messing up my measurement.
Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

If I may interject? ... and perhaps I've missed something in the previous replies ... But I'm reading folks espousing a lot of firm numbers.

Perhaps simply measuring the lengths ... with the tensioner's range included ... shortest to longest, and choose a belt length within that range?

A tailors tapes or simply piece twine works really well for this.

When I Ran the delete on my 94 (lmr delete for 5.0'stang.)
The stock belt fit perfectly.
You sure it is wrapped properly as in following the decal on the rad sup.
The delete usually will not require different length belt.

I Live For Myself and I Answer to No One.

Back