behind the scenes

StruckBy

FAST Eddie ;)
for all the good times that went on there were certainly some "behind the scenes" people that made it happen for the event and for me personally.
Times are tight here as they are everywhere so I had to try to plan it out...

A few months before my good friend Shawn(RhinoRacn) offered a place for me to stay if I could make it to the race. All I had to do was get to the track.

I made my plans to leave for Joliet about 24 hours before I left....not much planning if you ask me.

I told my g/f to drop me off at the airport and if I could get a flight I would go if not she would just pick me up later.I tried to get the first flight about but I got bumped. Sure enough I was the last person to board a direct flight arriving @ 2:30 IL time.

The night before my friend Rob(strokin95) driving up from TN(8 hour drive) offered to pick me up IF I could get the the airport by ~3-3:30pm.
And if that did not work out my new friend "ChitownWillie" offered to pick me up!!....thanks Willie!

Sure enough Rob picked me up around 4pm after getting stuck in a HUGE traffic jamb.

At the track all of our Lightning friends were as hospitable as could be.

Vern, Dave, Donald and family sharing food and chairs and Ross, Ray, and Keith sharing chairs and cover from the weather in their trailers.

Not forgetting to mention Jeff Conley,Big D & the NLOC, JDM, and JLP for the set up and event itself.

Finally Rob got me back to the airport by 3:15pm Sunday and I caught the 6:45pm flight home........I was the last person to be seated on that flight as well.

I don't get to get out of Fl to often anymore here in recent times and certainly don't get to hang out with alot of people with the same interests.

My friends and this great group of people made it happen.

So if you ever have a "remote" chance of going to one of these events push it a little harder and make it happen.....its worth it.

EE--when is Bowling Green??

Hey Ed...
Now that I have met you, I'm willing to take the short cut through "The Hood" to pick you up.

When I met Ed at the track, he was under the hood of someone he never met before, up to his elbows rewiring their E-fan:cool:

Hey Ed...
Now that I have met you, I'm willing to take the short cut through "The Hood" to pick you up.

When I met Ed at the track, he was under the hood of someone he never met before, up to his elbows rewiring their E-fan:cool:

...you sir are "world class"!!

Thanks again Willie for the offer and the snacks :eek:ldtu:

Hey Ed...

That would be my hood he was under lol I can't thank him enuf for helping me get the fan working again. Ed even gave me the wire connectors and odds and ends to fix it right on the spot. Big thanks again to everyone who let me use their test light or wire cutters etc. Everyone in the group seemed to be ready to help with out a second thought someone who they had never met before.

I plan on going to BG and if any one needs anything then let me know!

Ed even gave me phone updates while I sat home wishing my truck was running and it and I were there. Hey Ed when are you comin up to wire up my remote start on my Desiel? LOL

Ed even gave me phone updates while I sat home wishing my truck was running and it and I were there. Hey Ed when are you comin up to wire up my remote start on my Desiel? LOL

So that is who he was talking to all the time. Here I thought he was calling home to check up on the kids. :cool:

Back