Be Aware

Status
Not open for further replies.

39Mustang

Since I am looking for a 03-04 Lightning in Sonic Blue I inquired about the one on autotrader.com at a dealership in OH as it only had 50k miles and was asking $20k and I thought hmm might be a good truck until I had him send me pics of the underneath. They're saying truck was never used in winter but when you see how much rust is underneath first thing I asked was if this one has had flood damage? Being in FL most of my life everything rusts down here and even if they used that truck on the salted roads I still can't see how it rusted that bad underneath. If you got a blaster and want to get a great deal go for it as they will never sell it at $20k with that issue. Anyone else I'd stay far away

Good catch Carl. Always good to examine any future purchase with prejudice. Too many vehicles caught in floods and years of bad weather.

The sad thing is that they probably will sell it at that price because there are still lots of stupid people roaming around that don't look past the paint job when they buy a vehicle. I think I've told the story on here before about an 03 Cobra that came in for a "prebuy" inspection after he had already bought it and driven it home 1000 miles. Good price, nice paint, perfect interior, but just didn't drive quite right. I found evidence of a solid axle conversion, roll bar installation, big slicks, and a lifetime of nothing but drag racing, which was confirmed when I googled the build number and found the car on the forums. The interior was perfect because it was removed on day 1 and put in storage to be reinstalled when they sold the car. It didn't seem to drive quite right for two reasons: The car thought it still had 4.56 gears instead of the stock ones and the torque boxes had been damaged so badly that the IRS didn't sit square to the car when they put it back in. He should have spent the $50 on the prebuy prior to buying.

I hear ya Man, there is a lot of shoppers that just go by looking, High performance cars specially the modified needs to be aware on what you are getting too! I own a 03 cobra termi and a Gen 2 Lightning that I got 100 stock and I have made all mods on my own with a Dyno support people, so I know what I got and If I sell them one day I have all paper to back up what I say..... and yes be aware od dealers that only want to sell and on too many cases they don't have idea or knowledge of hight performance cars except dealer dedicated only to sell those type of cars

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back