Battery tray bolts

coopdog123

greased lightning
Had my battery tray powder coated today but I've lost the hardware for it. Does anyone know the size and thread pitch for the three bolts that attach it?
Battery is temporarily going back to the engine bay while I'm putting on the long bars and getting the Holley system situated

10mm head; M8x1.25 thread; captive washer; pointed or blunt tip for the core support side - blunt tip for the fender side.

That's awesome man you need to start a thread when you get ready to install it!!!! How do you plan on controlling the trans?

Will do. Prob going to use the stock compy initially. Eventually go to quickshift.

Whole process is a slow buildup. Getting Suspension and fuel/air systems ready for a new motor... Which prob wont be built till next winter. Should give me ample time to experiment with tuning as I've never done it

Last edited:
Yeah I don't have much experience in tuning electronic injected engines either. Briansshop put the same system on his truck and said its pretty much self tuning which would be great for my dumba$$ lol

He's definitely the one who put the nail in the coffin for me. After I talked to him about it a little bit I was sold.

I feel you. Its taken me a good while to build my truck fund buffer zone lol. Thats partially why I'm waiting to get the quickshift. Another $600 isn't in the budget just yet. Im really not sure why they are that expensive in the first place honestly. I feel like someone skilled with programming could develop a computer program to tune the trans and put it on a relatively cheap processor

BTW guys, i just went out to install my tray. just for the record, it only mounts to the fender, no core support and the bolt that attaches the long support bracket is a m6 or something, not m8. same size as bolt that holds down the battery keep in the tray. so off to grab a one.

The vertical bracket on the core support uses M6x1.00 blunt w/large captive washer; same shape & size as all those on the grille opening reinforcement.

For the hold-down, I highly recommend getting a long bolt from a Taurus (etc.).

Back