Battery box solution

Ruslow

OK again I am sorry for the quality of the box but as I explained in the posts that I made at SEMA the reasons why.here is the solution
the ones that are sending the box back like I said I will pay for shipping, and refund your $ the others here is what the new box will be like.

still will have some weld splatter big splatter will be ground off.[it mounts under the truck in the weather and such I can not justify grind on an item for 15 minutes that will be covered in dirt and oil film in a few months]

powdercoating I will look closer BUT the color will be the same it is an outside color and coating so it will last if you want shiny paint it! also because of the mounting it will get rock chips and such.

All corners that are within arm or hand reach will be raduised[ more to prevent cuts than looks] and the mounting holes will be slotted to fit frames that have moved for whatever reason[ I know ... not that much]

Will hold an 11inch battery.

the lowest part of the tubes will have drain holes so any water collected in them will drain out.Bolt holes [mounting] will still be 3/8.The battery hold down nuts welded to the flat plate more than likely will NOT be centered in the hole.I do and did run a tap thru the nuts to remove the powdercoating so I know they will thread the rod.

and keep in mind that what I sell is more for the go than show so if you are looking for a nice shine splatter free part look ELSEWHERE this is not it.It mounts under the vehicle in the rain dirt and oil film from the vehicle as well as road film from the road itself.All of this is no cost to you and will ship as soon as I get the artwork on the pieces made and cut.This is the best I can do and since what was shipped was actually first articles and a running change [hense some in the pics use long bolts welded on the outside of the tray].Again I am sorry for the problems.Stan

I'm still waiting on my refund Stan. And no matter what I did I could not get the hold-down studs to thread into the welded on nuts.

Stan,
The 3 units we got seemed to be fine. Not sure what happened to Spencer's (sorry Spence!). The only good suggestion I've heard is to seal the ends of the tubes. Drain holes will drain water, but it will still rust out the middle, will it not?

Last edited:
Back