Bassani x-pipe install

L

Litl Sam

How difficult and how long does it take to put one of the x-pipes on. I have to have converters on my truck but thinking about going with the x-pipe instead. If I can't get someone to pass my truck, I was curious if it would be a real pain in the rear to just switch it for an inspection. The price difference between the x-pipe and the cat-pipe is a little much. I'm cheap!

------------------
Sam Sells
White '95 #1325

Sam,

I have done about 3 Bassani XPipe installs-- two Off-Road Pipes and one Cat Pipe. I can do it in about 90 minutes.

Here is what it takes:
-Four header bolts (two each side)
-Four Flange Bolts (where catpipe meets catback)
-3 bolts on passenger side tranmission crossmember
-2 bolts tranny mount to tranny.
-2 or three bolts on drivers side. I remove 2 and loosen the other one to allow the crossmember to drop enough to remove the pipe.
-Connect hose to air injection pipe. The first time you remove the stock pipes you will have to cut this thing. It is a pain. After that, you can just use the blue hose that Bassani supplies to put the stock pipes back on.
-Floor jack to hold up tranny while you unbolt the crossmember.

That's it!
wink.gif

Kevin Lewis

[This message has been edited by svtpickemup (edited 06-16-2000).]

Okay, my L has mass air. Does bassani's pipes come available with places for both o2 sensors or will I have to get the new pipes modified?

---

[This message has been edited by svtpickemup (edited 06-16-2000).]

My 95 has Mass Air, too. My 93 does not. Yes, you will have to have the bungs welded on for the O2 sensors. No big deal, really. I have one in each down pipe, about 8-9 inches below the headers. Be careful about placement on the pax side---If you do not have it facing exactly the correct way, the O2 sensor will hit the frame and not fit. Trust me, I know
frown.gif

Kevin Lewis

P.S. Any exhaust shop will have the bungs. My local exhaust guy charged me 10 bucks, and he even drilled the 1/2 inch holes for me. Try to go to a privately owned shop, they care more and should be more willing to accomodate you. They should have a screw in plug for the stock O2 bung.

Back