Bassani or Flowmaster

E

EJs00Lightning

I am trying to get the deepest and loudest tone and I have herd flows on a Mustang but never herd a Bassani what do they sound like compared to Flowmaster

Typically, Bassani is quieter and deeper than Flowmasters and lacks that annoying (subjective opinion) metallic twang that Flowmasters make.

Later!
Jeff S.

EJ/Jeff,

I have a 93 with an Off Road pipe and Flowmaters and a 95 with an Off Road pipe and the Bassani. At idle the Bassani is louder, guaranteed. At WOT, they are about the same. Putting around, the Flows are louder. But, the Bassani drones like it is going out of style. The Flows do have that twang (I kinda like it) and the Bassani has more of really deep glasspack sound. The Flows on my 93 are deeper than the Bassani, based upon the fact that I can hear the 93 blocks away in the neighborhood.

EJ,
Last night a firend and I met a guy with a 99 that has the full Bassani setup. It sounds wicked! We heard it at the second light when he trounced us fpor the second time in a row!!!! He said he had to lift the engine to get those headers in there though.

Kevin Lewis

Hey Guys,
I have a 99 Lightning with a full set of Bassani on it --headers,x-pipe, dual hiflow cats and dual mufflers.

I have always liked the sound of the flow masters better and still do. It took me a while to get use to what I would call a tinney sound on the Bassani, and I find them loud when I sit on the passager side.

I do not find the headers that hard to put on. Just remove the wheel well covers, file a little off the passager strut and be ready to fight that front driveside bolt.

Bassani is topshelf stuff and even though I like the sound of flow master more, I would stick with the Bassani.
Alvin

Hey HotDog,

can a person get the Bassani headers and cat H-pipe and forego the cat-back part of the system? I would like to keep the truck quieter, and thus would prefer to keep the stock mufflers.

Did you have to remove the bolt on the driver's side motor mount and jack up the motor 3-4" like I've heard others say?

Thanks,

-Wes Tarbox

Can someone explain the OEM exhaust setup. Is it a true dual? Is there only one muffler? from what i have seen it looks as though both pipes enter and exit the same muffler. If so does the aftermarket stuff come with two mufflers?

Hey Wes,
I just posted about your great et.s and would have talked more about the exhaust if I had read this post.

Yes, you need to jack the engine up but that is not much of a problem. The motor will shift in the other rubber mounts but goes back with a little help. That front header bolt is tuff but do-able. I love my exhaust system and do not find it too loud unless I am riding on the wife side. I just don't know about how much it helps. My dyno showed 364 hp at rear wheels, that tells me I got a lot of help but I have not seen it at the track. Bassani has a true dual exhaust and the factory is a single muffler. I guess you could custom cut the connections, but I would just maybe try a quiter flowmaster. When you look through the Bassani muffler you can look nearly straight through. Not much there and I believe the cats are doing all of the work keeping things quite.
Good Luck with your truck,
Hotdog

Back