Bad weather-no fun

H

Hamrhead

All of you guys in Jersey better take your Lightnings out tonight and have a little fun with your headers/torque converters/ SUPERchargers one last time,'cause it looks like we be gettin' a whole lotta snow on Saturday. Say bye-bye to even a little traction for a while,not to mention anything that resembles a clean truck! Although, doin' donuts is kinda fun in my G2.

------------------
Mike Hague
BLK'99 13.36@102.26
'95 Cobra R 13.18@106+
'91 GMC Syclone 12.0's@111.5,,,so far

Just curious Mike, have you ever driven the Sy in the winter(when it was close to stock)! How does it do with the all wheel drive and all, any help?

------------------
Laurence Weiler
NLOC #339
13.40 @ 102.88MPH
13.35 @ 97.77MPH
ff11865d.jpg

NOPE!! Never. I bought it in march of '92(got it as a leftover,cheap!) in New Jersey w/ 239 miles on it.Took it back to my brother's house in Sicklerville for the rest of the day.On the way home it rained on me(of course).Other than that,the only other times it saw rain were either when I was at the track with it or when I drove it to work and we had a passing shower when the weather man said 'nothing but sun' for that day. Of course that day it was like 90 degrees and sunny all day 'til the shower came,so my black paint was super hot when it rained. Then the sun came back out and all the water beads acted like magnifying glasses,burning into my finish. I polished alot of it out,but not all.Yeah,I was pretty pissed off. Always wondered how it would go in the snow,but with it being so low to the ground,any more than a couple inches and the intercooler(under the bumper) would start acting like a plow. Sorry I kinda drifted from your question,but I started thinking about the little bit of foul weather the truck has seen in 9 years and the burnt paint thing bugged me enough to write a long response.

------------------
Mike Hague
BLK'99 13.36@102.26
'95 Cobra R 13.18@106+

Man that sucks! Water, hot days and black paint definitely do not mix well. Thats cool that youv'e been able to keep it out of the bad weather, wish I could same the same for my L. Gotta be interesting to see how it would do in the light snow though, hmm!

------------------
Laurence Weiler
NLOC #339
13.40 @ 102.88MPH
13.35 @ 97.77MPH
ff11865d.jpg

Well I know I won't find out this winter 'cause it only has half a motor in it right now! I should have my new engine by the end of january(?) and then we gotta remove the stock block (everything else is off already) and install the new one.Considering the temperatures though,it'll be spring before we attempt that! That garage floor isn't very comfortable at this time of year!

------------------
Mike Hague
BLK'99 13.36@102.26
'95 Cobra R 13.18@106+

Looks like Ill be calling out from work tomarrow.. Oh well...

------------------
Kyle
Black 99L
Born #442 on April 20,99
Tinted windows
Full audio system
snuglid bed cover
Cobra Radar
HID headlights and fog lights
clear corners w/super white turn signals
Eaton Inside sticker
Blue street glow neons
2 inch drop
Performance mods comming later

Hey guys, I went to a used tire store today and put a set of 31's on my extra 15" black wheels. Now thinking about having mine Black powercoated with the stock silver center caps, kinda looks sinister with the black. the tires are a snow tread pattern and alot better then my balding stones, and you know what it is funny, the truck rides nice with them on the rear, they are idenical to the stock tire size in height. Oh! Larry, Downs sent me the fitting and I ordered the exact gauges with the pod as you, Thanks dude!!!!!

------------------
Dennis Macho
95 RED
NLOC #277

Today I tossed two 80 lb. bags of water softener salt in the bed of the truck for traction,but I don't think it'll matter on Saturday.Calling for 8-16" up here-Geez!Hope not.

------------------
Mike Hague
BLK'99 13.36@102.26
'95 Cobra R 13.18@106+

I dont have snow tires or any extra weight in the bed, so im definetely screwed.. Maybe Ill just throw my two 150LB dogs in the bed if I really have to go anywhere.. lol

------------------
Kyle
Black 99L
Born #442 on April 20,99
Tinted windows
Full audio system
snuglid bed cover
Cobra Radar
HID headlights and fog lights
clear corners w/super white turn signals
Eaton Inside sticker
Blue street glow neons