Back to Maui

04black

It's been awhile, but finally everything is done and this weekend we'll be testing her out at MRP. I'll be taking her over on the Superferry. Added a little hp, took off a couple of lbs and relocated some of her weight. Here's a couple of pics.

IMG_0242.jpg

IMG_0224.jpg

IMG_0240.jpg

Damn, it's all business now! Goodluck in MRP. I wish I could go to just watch that beast fly the 1/4. Keep us updated.

Nice work Chuck!
If there's anything left of the track when your finished, load it up on the boat and bring it over here. :thumbup:

Overall it was a good weekend--time was our limiting factor to get enough runs in the (2) days to try get the driver, suspension, engine, trans., tire settings all dailed in together. Her best run & new PB was in the afternoon heat on Sat 10.67 @ 127 mph. I had to abort her next & final run in the night due to a stupid driver error :chair:
Looking forward to next month as we know there's still more left in her :eek:ldtu:

BTW--we felt that my tq converter was slipping, since that I saw 6000 rpm going thru the traps, so today I called Brian at BTS and he's replacing my PI tq conv again for free. Talk about service, his trannys are warranted for 2 years, but after 3 years this will be the 2nd time he's replaced the tq converter for free.

Last edited:
Thanks guys
Hey Tad (Supragod98), how's your build coming along?
BTW--The new converter is in :eek:ldtu: -- we'll be heading back down to MRP this coming weekend.

Last edited:
Haha my build is coming along slowly :D. I dont have a lot of time to devote to the project right now plus Im saving for my new exhaust. Need to get some money together for the Bassani R to go with the motor ;k

Haha my build is coming along slowly :D. I dont have a lot of time to devote to the project right now plus Im saving for my new exhaust. Need to get some money together for the Bassani R to go with the motor ;k

I read alot of pros & cons about the "R", but on a high flow engine, a 3" is definetly a plus---it's just sooooo freaking expensive. Keep in touchand good luck to you.

Friday night was the MRP's annual shootout---won my 1st round, sat at the tree for 8 seconds before I could leave, as I ran against a 18 sec Toyota truck; 2nd round ran a 10.66 on a 10.64 dial---btw I would have won, but I turned on the ol' red light.
Sat night in qualifying my slick gave way to a sharp stone---punctured my slick for a nice air leak, so we ended up drinking, eating sashimi and watching the races---which wasn't so bad.
Had a "sleeper" street looking Supra running mid 9s.
Hey John, our ol' buddy Nishi won MRP's elite divison "Super Pro" w/ his bad azz El Camino running consistent 9.7s and cutting .5XX lights.
It was good to see a lot of ol' friends from HRP, as there were a lot of Oahu racers---more than I ever seen before.

Im glad you had a great time. Too bad for you slick and for the red light. But that' s a good thing.....your'e trying to cut a good RT.

Im not surprised about Nishi. He always do good. I guess he got his license since he deep in the 9's.

That's some impressive numbers so far :eek:ldtu:. I bet there's a lot more in it. Did Alan strap it to the dyno and make some pulls? If so what were the #'s and what was the boost?

This past Sat at MRP we set a couple of new personal bests---10.55 @ 129, backed it up w/ a couple of 10.57s. Our 60's improved--snagged a new best w/ a 1.49 and a couple of 1.50s. We made no changes in the tune, only a minor shock setting change in the rear and played w/ two different rear wheel / slick combinations. Temps were in the mid 80s to mid 70s & the humidity was in the mid 60s (afternoon) to low 80s (eveing). Looking forward to the cooler temps in the months ahead :eek:ldtu:

whooooooooooooooooooo hooooooooooooooooooooooooo ...good job there Chucky,,,,,, :cool: Good to see some are still racing up on Maui !!!:eek:ldtu:

I'll see ya alls maybe next year in May ??????/ We'll see,,,,,

But keep up the good work there,,,, You be getting down there,,,,,

Surfa.................

Good to hear from you Dennis (Surfa). I definetly miss HRP :cr: and the great times that I would sit w/ you and Eric in the tower---good to see you're still roaming our site---how's the little guy???
I don't see an Oahu drag track being built anytime soon.
Take care my friend and hoping to see you and the other homeless Oahu racers in Maui soon :eek:ldtu:

Lil Guy is fine and he will be racing next May,,, The key is I hope to be also,,,It'll be more of a test and tune with the new Stuff.... I am curious to see where I can get my lil blue truck runnin....Its been awhile and I'll be rusty and not knowing where the ET's on the truck will be,,,,Butttttttttt i do have heads,cam,new Blower feed manifold(designed similar to the Lightning manifold),stand alone,3 speed trans(3800 converter) Billet distributor etc..... Too much too list,,,, & i hope I can do it all before next May !!!! :help::eek:ldtu:

But You are right,,, There is not gonna be a track here for quite awhile if at any time for that matter,,,, Thats alright,,, We have Maui as a 2nd home....I just need to save the pennies....

Dee,,,,:eek:ldtu:

Back