Back in the saddle again

SVT SE-R

I was on NLOC for 3-4 years when I had an '00 Lightning. Maybe some people remember threads about me autocrossing it a few times (including beating every Porsche at a PCA event) and doing some road course laps at Virginia International Raceway and Summit Point Raceway.

Anyway, the time had come to buy a tow vehicle for my '82 Camaro autocross car. I had thought about "real" trucks like F250s or GM 2500s, turbo, gas, whatever. The thought of another Lightning was still in the back of my head because it's the only vehicle I've owned that I really miss. Finally, I decided that unless some killer deal came along, it was time to get another Lightning, a later 380 hp one in either gray or blue.

I found a few locally with 50K or less miles for around $15K, but they sold pretty quickly. But the other day, I found a used car dealer in NoVa that listed a stock charcoal gray '03 with 50K, and I looked at it this morning. It checked out OK, and I put a deposit down, hopefully picking up on Wednesday. :D

Probably won't mod much, the exhaust and maybe shocks and sway bars will be about it. But I hope to hit Capitol in one of the next two Fridays to see what it can do. :)

The old truck at VIR:
lightningatvir2.jpg

YouTube video of me autocrossing at FedEx Field with the SCCA

Pat

Welcome back

Hey, Wecome back and I wish you miles of smiles in your Lightning. I always enjoy my Lightning, listening to my bad azz pipes are music to my ears. Ray :D

Back