autocross suspension

#1HUNT

i want to auto cross my 02 lightning

ready to get my suspension set up what shod i run?

looking to spend no more than (1.200.00) :B2:thanks.

my first suspension did very well on the auto-x. ran Hoosier r1 slicks also.

front:
ruslow 1200lb coil springs
Hotchkis shocks

rear:
hotchkis leaf springs
hotchkis shocks

new set up:
front:
rulsow 1200lb coils
Western Chassis 2" drop lower control arms
DJM upper control arms
hotchkis shocks
hotchkis sway bar

rear:
hotchkis leaf springs
hotchkis shocks
hotchkis sway bar

have not driven the truck on a auto-x with the new suspension yet. But with the lower ride height and bigger sway bars it should be alot better. The truck handles GREAT!

I just ran my truck with Western LCA and some type of longer shackles, but otherwise stock. Did ok for beat up F1's. I was about as competitive as Mazdaspeed 3's/Ford Focuses...depending on driver. Good stuff.

If you want to have fun and still be competitive then you should do mods that allow you to still stay in ESP class. all id need is a set of race tires and i could hang with or beat everyone in my local class. i usually only run a couple of seconds off of the first place car.(depending on track) last year at the steamboat mustang round up i beat everyone in my class and every new 08 mustang that raced in my run group. you should of seen there faces when a truck beat there brand new car it was awesome!:D:eek:ldtu:

I just run stock. In F stock that way. I've won a few events in SE Michigan with various clubs running the events including a couple SCCA events.

where are you guys getting the Ruslow front springs???

is ruslow still making them or do I have to find a set used???

For those of you that have the Hotchkis TVS (Total Vehicle System), do some of you still run the 825lb. coils that come with the kit for autoX or trackdays? Or have all of you upgraded to beefier coils like the Ruslow ones.

Also, svtsilverback, why did you choose the 1200lb rates vs the 1000, 1100, or 1300lb rates? Are you happy with those or are they a bit firm or soft compared to what you'd get if you were to order them again? :?

For those of you that have the Hotchkis TVS (Total Vehicle System), do some of you still run the 825lb. coils that come with the kit for autoX or trackdays? Or have all of you upgraded to beefier coils like the Ruslow ones.

Also, svtsilverback, why did you choose the 1200lb rates vs the 1000, 1100, or 1300lb rates? Are you happy with those or are they a bit firm or soft compared to what you'd get if you were to order them again? :?

I ran them for a while, nice springs, they really firmed up the truck well. I later went to stiffer springs for stickier tires. Also depending upon brake compound/setup you still may get some nose dive under really hard braking with the TVs springs.

Back