Auto X and traction bars...

03 DSG NY

I had a few people tell me it's not a good idea to auto-X with my 58in traction bars... What do you guys think? I want to give it a shot, but now i'm not sure...

03 DSG NY said:
I had a few people tell me it's not a good idea to auto-X with my 58in traction bars... What do you guys think? I want to give it a shot, but now i'm not sure...

I've never run the long bars, but thinking geometerically they shouldn't be that bad. They prevent axle wrap which is the most important thing. Give them a try, I wouldn't think that they would hurt you as bad as not having anything down there. Unless it is a crazy course layout you will be feather the throttle most of the time any way. Giveit a shot and post your results.

Sloe Truk said:
I've never run the long bars, but thinking geometerically they shouldn't be that bad. They prevent axle wrap which is the most important thing. Give them a try, I wouldn't think that they would hurt you as bad as not having anything down there. Unless it is a crazy course layout you will be feather the throttle most of the time any way. Giveit a shot and post your results.
Thanks man.. I'm going to try out the next auto-X in my area.. Don't really have too much done to help me with auto Xing except for a big brake kit...

Dbl G said:
I sling the HD around with them on there and it helps keep thing predictable....
I wasn't exactly sure if they were meant for that.. But thanks guys.. Looks like i wont be auto-x'ing until next year since my motor seemed to think it would be better off without me lol...

03 DSG NY said:
I wasn't exactly sure if they were meant for that.. But thanks guys.. Looks like i wont be auto-x'ing until next year since my motor seemed to think it would be better off without me lol...

Dooh! Sorry to hear that dood. HOw bad did it go?

03 DSG NY said:
No there not, however it all but makes it a four link set-up.

I took mine off and sold them. I felt that they were binding up the suspension.
After I took them off the truck felt much better in the corners plus my exhaust doesn't hit the bars all the time now (bassani). I seems to me that after I took the bars off that I didnt get as much wheel spin due to the little bit of axle wrap. Plus I seem to get better weight transfer to the rear. I know that everyone thinks different but the truck just seems to hook alot better on the road coarse and auto X that I have gone to this year and even in a straight line it seems to hook better. But what I am running is the Hellwig traction control springs and they seem to do a good job of keeping wheel hop under control and they dont interfere with anything under the trucks like the bars did.

Back