August 2008 Gen 1 Truck Of The Month–Congratulations Matt "Blurry94" Cass(NLOC# 1152)

Status
Not open for further replies.

e9tac

August 2008 Gen 1 Truck Of The Month – Congratulations Matt "Blurry94" Cass (NLOC# 1152).

This month's Gen 1 TOTM features a very nice white '94. Matt’s truck is the recipe many L owners look for in their trucks…a clean looking truck that not only looks good, but is fast too. Thanks for your contributions to the club Matt and congrats for being Augusts’ Truck of The Month!

Mvc-881s.jpg

1. What sparked your interest in the Ford Lightning?

Most of the vehicles I’ve owned have been trucks and when the GEN 1’s rolled out, I knew I had to have one. I eventually purchased a '94, from my brother, in '97 with 23k miles on it.

race_ready2.jpg

DR1.JPG

2. Do you have any interesting stories about previously owned vehicles, before becoming a Lightning owner?

My dad just purchased a brand new F-350 Powerstroke and said he wanted me take it down the track. Well, I did, a few times, and the rear tires have never been the same. I could've put it in 4wd to get a better launch, but he was afraid it would brake something so each run was alot like the pic below.

1726728track3.jpg

track1.jpg

27618-45-20484.jpg

3. What modifications have you made to your truck since you have owned it...both show and go?

My list of modifications:
Pickrel Performance Vortech SQ w/ PSD intercooler Circle D billet converter w/2800 stall
Pickrel Performance headers and exhaust
FMS MA kit w/ Pro-M Universal MAF in a blow-thru application
42lb injectors
PSD trans cooler
B&M deep pan
Rancho Bars
Eaton LSD

18021834191scd1.jpg

I’ve installed all of the parts and do my own tuning with SCT advantage software and datalog with EASE Diagnostics. For show, I’ve installed a PSD front bumper and a vinyl bed cover.

27618-45-462.jpg

4. Do you have any interesting stories about your Lightning?

I have quite a few actually. The stories I have from driving, racing, showing and wrenching on this truck have made owning this it an awesome experience. However, the day I loaded 17 cases of beer had to be one that does stick out. I work at a brewery, part time, and I picked up some free beer for me and two other coworkers. I drove about 10mph below the speed limit and took it nice and easy around the corners. I don't think I've ever been that gentle on my L.

beer_run.jpg

5. Tell us about yourself, your hobbies, business or work, sports, family, etc.

I’m a former Marine of 6 years, and work for the Army Corps of Engineers at a hydro-generation plant here in northwest Georgia. I also work for Anheuser-Busch on some weekends and holidays, as an electrician. My wife and I (Heather) have two kids; our daughter is 9 and our son is 5, and we’re expecting another in November.

Matt and his children
kids.JPG

6. How long have you been a user of the NLOC.net, when did you become an NLOC member, and why did you choose to become a member of NLOC?

I became a member in Jan of ’03.

27618-45-466.jpg

7. What suggestions do you have to make the NLOC.net website easier to use and navigate?

Not a thing, this site is great!

Mvc-883s.jpg

8. Why did you pick your board user name (screen name)?

I think the below picture says it all...when the truck is moving everything else is a blur, hence Blurry94.

392e.jpg

9. What are your plans for future changes to your truck?

I have a set of GEN 1 wheels that have been widened and I’ll wrap them in some M&H drag radials here soon. Otherwise, I have no immediate plans for future changes, unless something catastrophic happens to it.

27618-45-26740.jpg

10. This is where you link favorite websites, your website, family pictures and add any other comments.

I’d like to thank Dave Pickrel for building some of the finest go fast goodies these trucks have ever seen. And also the folks at SCT for helping me work through the transmission bugs associated with the FMS kit; their customer service and support have been excellent.

27618-45-461.jpg

Congratulations to Matt Cass and his 1994 White Gen 1 Truck of the Month, August 2008!

MVC-127S.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Killer truck Matt!:eek:ldtu:
Enjoyed having you around all these years and thanks for all the contributions you have made on the nloc.

Nice truck, looks like another well deserved GEN 1 with a story behind it for TOTM .. WAY to GO Matt!!! Man I can't wait to feel that Vortech power again~~~ :D

Congrats fellow Ga. brother!! That is a nice looking '94 and we need to see some pics of the M&H Dr's on the widen wheels. Better yet I might just need to drive up there one weekend so I can see those tires and wheels in person!

Jamie R.
'93 Vortech'ed Lightning

congrats Blurry!! def one of my favorite Gen 1's on the site :tu:

...man it took me this long to find a way to read the Aug truck of the month :hh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back