attn: SVT SE-R

• Thread starter captainoblivious
  • Start date
C

captainoblivious

How did you like your older 91' SE-R?

After numerous searching I finally found a 93' SE-R w/ 120k miles on. Since they are so hard to find and I heard they are great cars I am considered to get. Just waiting for the guy to get back to me so I can go look at and it test it out.

------------------
Team JDM
silver 01' L, made to handle better by Hotchkis and Ruslow, made faster by JDM

My page on lowering

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by captainoblivious:
How did you like your older 91' SE-R?</font>

You mean my older '93?
wink.gif
Loved it -- it was a great car. The '91-'93 SE-R's are virtually identical (same engine and output), so there isn't much difference. '93s have a different front air dam, interior and taillights, but they perform the same ('94s have a redesigned intake track, a lower redline and aren't as desireable, IMO).

How much are you paying for it?

------------------
Pat
'00 Lightning, #981
'91 Sentra SE-R, SCCA/NASA racecar
'93 Sentra SE-R, sold :(

He's (private) asking $2500, but considering the mileage, the fact that noone wants a 5speed around here, and that it's been for sale for well over a month, I'm thinking under $2k.

I get to check it out and test drive it tomorrow. And then friday I may go check out a nice 240sx. Gotta get my winter beater car. And since having the L, you know you can't get something to slow and doesn't handle good. That and it will get Auto-x when I don't bring the L out.

Are there any message boards for the Sentra's?

------------------
Team JDM

My page on lowering

Hey Capt, very nice!

I'm picking up a winter driver myself, a black Galant VR-4 ('92) from a friend of mine for $3000. He's done a little work to it... Like you, I needed a peppy car to have when not driving the Bolt without forking out another 30k.
smile.gif

Daniel

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by captainoblivious:
He's (private) asking $2500, but considering the mileage, the fact that noone wants a 5speed around here, and that it's been for sale for well over a month, I'm thinking under $2k.</font>

$2,500 is still a good deal, but if you can get it for less ...
smile.gif
I sold mine for $4,250 a couple weeks ago with 118K on the odometer, but it also had a lot of suspension and horsepower goodies still on it.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">And then friday I may go check out a nice 240sx. </font>

240s are nice, too. 50-50 weight distribution, RWD. That and you can get SR20DET engines from Japan and they pretty much bolt right in. SR20DET is the same as an SE-R engine 'cept the "T" is for turbo.
wink.gif
You can get a reliable 300hp out of 2.0L.

Oh, but you wanted a winter beater.
wink.gif

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Are there any message boards for the Sentra's?</font>

The best one is sr20deforum.com. I go by "slowSER" over there.

------------------
Pat
'00 Lightning, #981
'91 Sentra SE-R, SCCA/NASA racecar
'93 Sentra SE-R, sold :(

Dan - so you are getting Galant, very nice.

SVT SE-R - thanks for the info, and you got the *winter beater* 100% correct.

I HATE MODS. To addicting.

Okay got to drive the 93' SE-R today.

That thing handled great and moved out pretty well, and I didn't even shift over 6k rpms when it redlines at 7.5k. I wouldn't bother with a turbo or the turbo engine, just do some intake and exhaust freeing up, a little stronger spark and maybe some cams and that should be plenty of power for a daily beater.

The body condition was fair, with a few dings, scratches, basically a new paint job would make it look great. The engine ran good surprisingly quiet under 3k rpm's, and the clutch was pretty heavy.

Honestly the looks both interior and exterior of the 240sx was much nicer, especially the interior. But hands down I give the acceleration and handling to SE-R. Though the 240sx I tested was the older pre 91' before they switched to the DOHC heads, so thats probably why it didn't feel as powerfull.

decisions decisions decisions

------------------
Team JDM

My page on lowering

Back