ATS custom tuning/ dyno day input and committments.

ATS dates?

• August

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • September

• October

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • November

• Total voters

forcefedcobra

born 2 be blown
For those who are interested in a date please post in the poll for the month and thread for more specific times if you want.

Also please post up if you have any "in" for getting discounts on flights, hotel stay, or even location rental for the dyno. Please PM me with contact information if you are willing to help so that I may contact you as plans become more solid.

Thanks,

Brandon

Last edited:
***update***

If we get a dozen to 15 people signed up for the dyno/tuning day cost of the event should be $200 per person plus dyno time. That will cover Rick's tuning cost and all expenses for the trip. If we get more people from Oklahoma, Kansas, Missouri, and Arkansas that will only decrease the amount closer to the $150 fee for the custom tuning.

I am currently working with Linn on a date that Rick is free so she and myself can get travel plans coordinated well in advance to lower the travel costs even more.

Please post up if you vote on the poll otherwise I dont know if you are committed to attending or just voting for giggles.

Right now Linn has said that November is out and that October would be a good time because they have event scheduled in other places during other months.

Any weekends better than others for people? I'm trying to schedule this for the best interest of everyone if possible.

The sooner the better for me because I plan on getting cams soon and I am going to need a dyno tune. As long as I know the exact date about 2 weeks ahead of time I can go for whenever.

The sooner the better for me because I plan on getting cams soon and I am going to need a dyno tune. As long as I know the exact date about 2 weeks ahead of time I can go for whenever.

Sounds good bro. I cant wait to see my old truck. I was looking at some pictures at my parents house of it. My dad really misses it more than anyone. He got a kick out of driving it. Plus it is much easier for him to get into than my cobra and doesnt have a clutch to push in with his old bum knee. LOL!

Right now it looks like October is the best time for Rick and Linn. Linn is working on travel plans and will get back to me with the cheapest time and way to get here.

I am also working with several other forums so I will keep you guys updated.

Hey man you guys can see the truck any time you want. I actually was contemplating selling it to get a gas saver but it is just so amazing in every way. Just got the throttle body, plenum, and new plate on to so I need to post some pics on here and maybe a vid for everyone. Thanks for the update.

Hey man you guys can see the truck any time you want. I actually was contemplating selling it to get a gas saver but it is just so amazing in every way. Just got the throttle body, plenum, and new plate on to so I need to post some pics on here and maybe a vid for everyone. Thanks for the update.

I appreciate that man. If you ever do decide to sell it let me know first. I might want to buy it for the right price. (former owner discount) LOL!

I'll be getting a truck here after the wife gets a new car this summer. I was looking at 03/04 harley's in DSG to match the cobra and make for a good family wagon but getting my old lightning back would be cool too.

I appreciate that man. If you ever do decide to sell it let me know first. I might want to buy it for the right price. (former owner discount) LOL!

I'll be getting a truck here after the wife gets a new car this summer. I was looking at 03/04 harley's in DSG to match the cobra and make for a good family wagon but getting my old lightning back would be cool too.

so when is this going down i really need a tune bad.

well so far I only have 3 maybe 4 people willing to attend and need to get a dozen or more. It will be in October but if I dont have a commited list of people by the middle to end of next month I wont bother with it.

I wil attend depending on date/ location. I just installed a new JDM long block and need to get some dyno time. I have a sct programer/tuner So I am not sure how much "custom" tuning you can do with those.

I wil attend depending on date/ location. I just installed a new JDM long block and need to get some dyno time. I have a sct programer/tuner So I am not sure how much "custom" tuning you can do with those.

Working on an ocbtober date since august is too soon and there are several events going on it september. besides the temps should be really nice in october.

Rick will do the tuning and load those tune files on your sct programer for you.

tuning will be done somewhere in Tulsa oklahoma.

Brandon,
Tell me a little about ATS I've been hearing alot about them but don't know anything about them. What brand do they tune,SCT and diablo? As far as dyno in tulsa call Chris at Tulsa Dyno & Performance. He is on 11th St and Mingo Creek. Probably the best Dyno Jet in Tulsa and resonably priced with group discounts. I am interested as I'm getting tired of my current tuner.

Brandon,
Tell me a little about ATS I've been hearing alot about them but don't know anything about them. What brand do they tune,SCT and diablo? As far as dyno in tulsa call Chris at Tulsa Dyno & Performance. He is on 11th St and Mingo Creek. Probably the best Dyno Jet in Tulsa and resonably priced with group discounts. I am interested as I'm getting tired of my current tuner.

Rick has more than likely tuned more modular SVT's and other fords than just about anyone. He can tune chevy, mopar, and other stuff too.

I know he uses SCT and diablo but can also do sniper and other stuff.

I have only had mail order stuff from him and while it has always worked well by being safe and very driveable I know I have plenty more safe power that can be pulled out of the car with some hands on work rather than get a tune, dyno it, datalog it, and send a/f info and have him mess with it and then put it in the car.

My new clutch is in today and my fuel pumps will be in soon so I am ready for upping the boost and getting some custom tuning for 13, 15, 17 and 19 psi.

Oh and their customer service is top notch. If I ever need anything they are there for me. After Joe and I put the whipple on the safe tune to get the car started wouldnt work so I called and Linn pulled Rick away from dynotuning a car in shop so he could get my tune fixed and running.

Sign me up to attend the october meeting. Coolerf150

Awesome! I'll get ahold of Rick and Linn on Monday and see if they have any travel plans ligned out.

I have my clutch done so now I just need to get my fuel pumps in and lower put on and I'll be ready for some major tuning time.

Is this going to happen?

Gonna have to shoot for spring. I couldnt get enough people committed to feel comfortable with putting up my own funds to get things rolling. The wife and I have our first kid on the way so things are tight.

If people want to post up a date in the spring we can get something going but we need atleast 10 people to be 99% sure they want to attend. Obviously more would be better but 10 will cover travel costs easily.

Back