April 2009 Gen 2 Truck of the Month-Congrats to Marc "bdaztrk" Cummings! (NLOC #1342)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skritch

April 2009 Gen 2 Truck Of The Month – Congratulations Marc (bdaztrk) Cummings ! (NLOC #1342)

Marc, with wife Ashley, son Cannon, and a second child on the way reside in Arkansas. Marc is the original owner of this 2003 Red Lightning. At first look, particularly from the side, one could be mislead into thinking, “ Just a stock ’03.” Having a gander in the interior would cause one to think, “At least he changed the seats to buckets.” Viewing the truck from the back would change the mind of the onlooker. Seems there’s a few fittings in the bumper that don’t belong on a “stocker”. Being able to peek underhood would reveal the huffer sure ain’t stock, along with a lot of other parts ! If one saw the truck at the dragstrip there would be no doubt this truck is not stock ! It’s little wonder that Marc has plans to install a ‘cage in the truck being his best to date is a 10.61 second ET in the quarter. Those that go hunting on the street zeroing in on this truck would be unpleasantly surprised. Stock truck indeed ! I think not !!

Read on to learn more about Marc’s truck and join in the congratulations to bdaztrk and his Lightning !

3404130084_1a5b2f8826_b.jpg

1. What sparked your interest in the Ford Lightning?

Living in a farming community a truck is the way of life. I have had both Ford and Chevy. Having a fast truck was also something we tinkered around with. Buying a chip and an exhaust we thought we really had something. In 1999 a farmer ordered a red Lightning and all of us young guys fell in love. So I knew one of these days I had to have one.

3401357708_30d6c58bca_b.jpg

2. Do you have any interesting stories about previously owned vehicles, before becoming a Lightning owner?

Well nothing really interesting, mainly 4 wheel drive trucks. My dad was the one that had the fast cars that kept the speed factor alive. We have had collector cars to a 2007 Mustang GT which we still have. My recent project is a 1990 Mustang GT-331 dart block-dynamic racing c4-76mm turbo.

3. What modifications have you made to your truck since you have owned it...both show and go?

I bought my truck in new in 2003. First mods were just tinted windows and a snugtop bed cover. Then the 1st Lightning Fest I attended I met a guy by the name of Frank Likert (Frank5L) and the mod bug was implanted in me. As of todays date:

Built Motor
Whipple 2.3
BTS tranny
Corbeau seats
QA-1's
Bogarts on all 4 corners
And a list of other racing mods a mile long.
Best et 1/4 is 10.61 @ 127 mph
Best et 1/8 is 6.60 @ 104 mph
New tune haven't been back to the 1/4 yet.

3400551877_bc329039cf_b.jpg

4. Do you have any interesting stories about your Lightning?

All interesting stories are just the looks on everyones faces after taking a ride in the truck and the question what’s that whine I hear under the hood.

3401358824_32a4df4211_b.jpg

5. Tell us about yourself, your hobbies, business or work, sports, family, etc.

Well I have been married for almost 6 years to my wife Ashley and we have 1 son Cannon and one on the way. Besides drag racing I love to bow hunt. I have been a rice consultant since 1995 after graduating from ASU with a plant science degree.

3401357888_0cea5ea044_b.jpg

6. How long have you been a user of the NLOC.net, when did you become an NLOC member, and why did you choose to become a member of NLOC?

I think it was in 2003 when I joined after buying my truck but I was reading the forums a year earlier. If you own a Lightning this is the place to be. Anything you need to know about a Lightning or don't this is where you will find it. Once you own a Lightning it’s the family to be in.

3401358238_1ef4f3aa55_b.jpg

7. What suggestions do you have to make the NLOC.net website easier to use and navigate?

No changes to the site just keep up with the good work. I just miss the guys who were in when I joined who have moved on, or the economy made them make some changes and they no longer are everyday guys on the site.

8. Why did you pick your board user name (screen name)?

It came about at a car show that I attended. I saw this truck that was built for drag racing and the license plate had the lettering (bdaztrk) so when the username appeared that’s what came to mind.

3400551687_21570a7567_b.jpg

9. What are your plans for future changes to your truck?

The only plans are to install a cage. Having a truck run low 10's and not having a cage is not smart to be racing all the time and is keeping me out of running some events around the area.

3401358062_b9a64872cd_b.jpg

10. Whom would you like to thank for help\donations\support for putting the truck together?

Thanks to my family for putting up with me. Thanks to all the ARLOC guys over the years who have helped me. Thanks to NLOC for all the info I have used and all friends I have met at L FEST.

3400613227_f399f8f856_o.jpg

Congratulations to Marc Cummings and his 2003 Red Ford Lightning for Gen 2 Truck of the Month, April 2009 !

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back