anyone interested in a dyno/tuning day with ATS?

forcefedcobra

born 2 be blown
Hey all, After meeting some new faces at the track and finding out that some people already have Rick at ATS tune their vehicles I have spoken with Rick and Linn about maybe getting him to come for a tuning day.

I dont have any details worked out yet but if we can get a good group of people together to fly him out and put him up somewhere along with a shop to dyno at we can get a great tuner and great person to actually dyno tune our vehicles rather than datalog, send off info, get a tune back, datalog and do that again and again.

If anyone is interested post up on here and let me know. I figure if we can get a dozen or so people to commit and then find a good time to do it in the months to come it will be well worth it for everyone.

Brandon

interested people
forcefedcobra
Sh0ck3d
Enki
TallOkie
svtpwr02
Brandon r
(robert my buddy with the blown 02 SVTF)

Last edited:
running a johnny tune atm, but it's not dialed in so i'd be keen on the details atleast probably join in

bj you should check out OKDHM.COM and look in the vendors area. There is a guy local that has a dyno in shop and does complete custom tunes not mail order diablo jobbers either.

thanks Wes but I already have Rick do all my tuning and considering I ran an easy 11.6 at the track with a super fat tune and launch like a granny at a stop light I think I will keep my trust in him. Plus he and Linn are wonderful people to deal with.

I was thinking of posting on deadhorse but if they have supporting vendors on there I dont want to step on anyones toes. Hey Wes where is that dyno/tuner shop anyway? Its not the one south of Enid is it?

Anyway for everyone interested I am going to be talking to Linn sometime soon about all the details. Cost for existing ATS members vs. non current members, figure out flight and lodging costs and possible dyno rental for a day.

forcefedcobra said:
thanks Wes but I already have Rick do all my tuning and considering I ran an easy 11.6 at the track with a super fat tune and launch like a granny at a stop light I think I will keep my trust in him. Plus he and Linn are wonderful people to deal with.

I was thinking of posting on deadhorse but if they have supporting vendors on there I dont want to step on anyones toes. Hey Wes where is that dyno/tuner shop anyway? Its not the one south of Enid is it?

Anyway for everyone interested I am going to be talking to Linn sometime soon about all the details. Cost for existing ATS members vs. non current members, figure out flight and lodging costs and possible dyno rental for a day.
This guys shop is in oklahoma city. His name is Jim and he is a great guy. Good luck and let me know when you do the tune as I will come hang out for a little bit as long as its before april when the baby comes

soonerlightning said:
This guys shop is in oklahoma city. His name is Jim and he is a great guy. Good luck and let me know when you do the tune as I will come hang out for a little bit as long as its before april when the baby comes

Oh okay. Glad its not the place south of here. Congrats on the baby brother. They let anybody have kids these days. LOL! Give me a call or drop me a PM when the little kid is born. I will have a nice baby gift for you.

Boy or girl?

Sh0ck3D said:
Can he tune a turbo L? If so I am in.

Rick can do about anything you need buddy. He is one of the top modular tuners in the nation.

Spoke with Linn and it will be a flat rate for the day or as long as it takes to get all of the vehicles tuned. If you guys have any hookups with Tulsa dyno do me a favor please and check on that end of things.

Once I get some scheduling times for Rick to make the trip and we get some scheduling times to have the dyno for the day I will figure out what the total cost of flight, hotel, flat tuning fee, dyno rental will cost and then we can just see how many people are going to make it and how much that will in turn cost each of us splitting it on the even side.

I can get a hookup for the hotel. If anybody has a hookup on flights let me know.

right now it looks like we have 6 people interested including me. One will be the SVTF that was there on Saturday.

If we can get 6 or 8 more people I am sure it will make for a cost effective and power raising time for all!!!!

forcefedcobra said:
Oh okay. Glad its not the place south of here. Congrats on the baby brother. They let anybody have kids these days. LOL! Give me a call or drop me a PM when the little kid is born. I will have a nice baby gift for you.

Boy or girl?
Not sure on the sex yet.. Find out on 12-05 so ill pm you and let you know.

okay 7 now.

Spoke with Linn and Rick can tune any Ford or GM product even powerstroke diesels with just about any tuning software.

As soon as I can get a day where I am rested and awake at normal working hours I will finish getting all the details with Linn over the phone rather than PM's.

Back