Anyone familiar with a SCT 9100 Tuner?

oldtimer

Old Ford Lover
Apparently, very few tuners are using this unit today, and I contacted SCT and they weren't much help on the explanation side. Here's what I asked them:

I'd like to delete my EGR (physically) plumbing on my 2001 Lightning using the SCT 9100 handheld tuner that was used (by JDM) to apply what is supposed to be a performance 93 octane tune in 2004 when the original owner bought the tuner from JDM. The truck has not been touched by anyone else with regard to the tuner. Am I risking anything by plugging this tuner back into the port? Again, all I want to do is delete the EGR. When I did plug it in a few minutes ago, it confirmed it was VIN Locked, and then asked me if "A" I want to program the vehicle, or "B" Run Diagnostics. I didn't want to go any further for fear of screwing up the current tune.

They just said that they are no longer supporting it but there are supposedly a few tuners around the country that are still using it. They could not identify anyone in particular.

I emailed JimIII at JDM and basically he told me to delete the EGR I'd have to do it on a new tuner.

Is there any kind of work-around for this? This tuner has been sitting in my workshop in the box with the paperwork ($440.00) for two years and I never thought much about it. It looks like new, has the cables and manual. Thanks in advance for any advice.

Mike

Last edited:
Back