Any opinions?

Old Man

I am currently a Chevy man (2000 SS - 11.91@119.23 Cecil County, many mods). But I think the Lightning is the coolest thing going. Any thoughts on who you would purchase a new one from in the Baltimore area. Are discounts available? Who is best on allowing mods? Thanks for your help! No flames intended on the Chevy remark.

I would check out Ramsey Ford in Cecil County. Only a few miles from the race track. They were willing to do X-Plan for me, and a few others. I personally haven't been there for service, but I have heard good things about them.

Overall excellent experience dealing with them..

try AL PACKER Ford in Baltimore, ask for Greg Bone he hooked me up on a 2002 Harley tell him Roger sent ya:tu:

I wanna add a BIG second on the Apple Ford opinon.

- Salesman points to the GT-40 intake on the 351 and says "*AND THATS THE BLOWER!*" - I couldn't even dignify him with a comment, just a raised eyebrow...

After first scheduled (and only) service. Entire engine compartment coated with coolant and dust. Thin black plastic line running from injector housing now routed over the intake resulting in a bend and bad kink in the line. Truck not holding idle.

CL complains most loudly. "Leave here overnight Mr. L, and everything will be fixed by 10am."

[ Thats great, they've already had my truck for a full working day and now they want another day? For a regularly scheduled visit?]

When I returned the next afternoon my truck wasn't waiting for me out front as on the day before. No, as a matter of fact, the servicewriter wasn't quite sure where my truck was..."Didn't you pick it up yesterday?"

I took a deep breath and said, "9 - 1 - 1."

"Wait! I call in back and see if anybody knows where it is!"

A couple of minutes later a highschool geek strolls up and hands me my key, my truck is out back...way the f... out back...about a half mile out back. In a dirt parking lot. All alone and surrounded by deep burnout marks in the ground. Coated with dirt, mud, and dust from one end to the other. And my almost new back tires are now almost old.

She started up great, dropped idle at just the right time. So I slowly rolled my mudpuppy around to the front door...and left a 60ft burnouts worth of tire smoke across the front of the main building. She was clean when I dropped her off 40 hours ago...

Later I realized I coulda gotten much better by kicking it up the line. Much later they were practically begging to do the 100,000 mile service on it...I just laughed and hung up on them.

After all the "Extended Warrenty" was done with before I'd had it a year. 134,000 miles and still sneakin...

YEAH, I'M BACK,
CL

Last edited:
If by this weekend you mean something like an hour and a half from now...

Zone13 has a show in Alexandria, Va. Saturday night which promises to be an all day affair and I (supposedly) have an Advanced Squad Leader game to finish on Sunday. However the guy I'm playing ASL against is starting to chickenout on me.

Ironically, we just played in Brians backyard last Tuesday at a place called the Crossroads...

Tell ya'll what, like Gandalf the Wizard, expect me when you see me.

It's been an extremely disturbing couple of months. A lot more than I can explain in somebody elses thread.

RIDE ON,
CL

Back