Any Interest in a Track Day in Michigan

I've been to one track event with my truck (as well as auto x'ing it on a regular basis) and would love to go another, however, it seems as if a lot of orgnaizations frown on trucks of any kind so I struggle to find events that will allow the Lightning to run.

One group that I have some non-Lightning owning friends that run with has told me that if we could get 12 trucks together for an event they would give the trucks their own run group. Another fellow auto x'er with a Silverado SS is trying to durm up some interest as well to help get to the 12. Is there any interest? We are trying to get people together for one of the following two dates:

Saturday, April 25th at Gingerman in South Haven, MI.

Saturday, May 9th at Grattan in Belding, MI.

Entry fee would be $165.

The organization's website is here for more info.

I would be willing to try and make either of those events. I would actually prefer Grattan though since it is only 10 minutes from my house:eek:ldtu:

Just for some reference as to what Gingerman and Grattan look like from a Lightning.

Video on track at Grattan with the Detroit Alfa Romeo club

On track at Gingerman, can't remember which club for sure, either SCMC, SVTOA or a test and tune night.

My fast lap at Gingerman

And some pictures
MKS_0542.jpg

MK2_9516.jpg

And of course, the oops picture
MKS_9051.jpg

Based on the lack of responses I'm guessing there isn't any interest, but the date chosen is May 9 at Grattan. If anyone is interested post up, if between the Lightnings and other sport trucks we could come up with 12 seriously interested we could make it happen. Track days are a blast!

Apparently the organizer has had some other truck interest so getting this together is still a possibility if we could get a couple more trucks. Little more than a month away now!

Last edited:
Couple more weeks, I was just at another track day, one that actually let a truck on the track with a car, had a blast. I'm sure it's not too late for this. I know people are all about the last minute decisions on things like this. You know you want to :)

Couple more weeks, I was just at another track day, one that actually let a truck on the track with a car, had a blast. I'm sure it's not too late for this. I know people are all about the last minute decisions on things like this. You know you want to :)

Sound like fun.
I live in Michigan. Let me know now I can help.
e-mail r.e.moon@comcast.net

Thanks
Bob Moon

The organizer of these actually let me run with them (without having a whole truck group) near the end of last season. I'll be running with them driving the L on April 10 at Gingerman and May 24 at Mid Ohio as well. If you're interested in bringing you're Lightning out too, hit the 3balls site I linked above and send a note to Ken, the organizer. I know they still have some open spots. Gingerman is a great track for beginners but is a bit tough on brakes as it has two good straights back to back linked by a 90 degree corner. Hawk HPS pads were no good at Gingerman, stockers were even slightly better. I've got Carbotech XP-10/XP-8 pads front and rear now.

Back