Any Chicago area owners with intercooler problem?

B

BimotaBoy

I talked to the service department at Wickstrom Ford in Barrington and they said they hadn't heard anything about this problem. So, before I present them with all my printouts from here and F150 Online, has anyone had this problem fixed? I'd rather take it to a dealer that has dealt with this rather than bring mine up to speed.

Thanks,

Steve F.

Lightning Bob had his fixed at JoeCotton so they have already done it.They also fixed his AArm bolt as well.I am going there tommarrow to see if i have the intercooler leak.

Steve,
Hey before you go in talk to Joe Parich,he is the SVT guy there.He knows about the problem and can make sure you see the proper mechanic.

They are ordering the parts for mine and i guess that could take a few weeks.They can order the A-ARM parts too but they are even harder to get ahold of.When i come in for the IC fix i am going to have them give me a front end alignment and just tack weld the bolt in place.Make sure they check that bolt too,its probably moving and you dont even know it.

So you wanna goto Byron on saturday or sunday?

I had mine fixed at the Nives Rizza in orland park already. They have replaced my front end twice already and there going to keep on doing until they get it right. Don't think I would go there If I where you. If you don't drive a porsche, they don't acknowledge you exsist. When I bought my truck no one would even ask me if I needed help, They didn't think a 18 year old kid could buy a new lightning and pay for it in cash at that. to bad for all those guy's. If you do go in there talk to greg fermanic's, he's a real good guy.

------------------
99 ford Lightning #917
Lots of upgrades done and lots more to come.

when the green light drops the bullsh*T stops.

best ET 13.42.
Its going to go 11.50's
sooner or later no mater what I got to do.

Thanks for the info, Zor. I'll be sure to give Joe a call. I've checked the bolts on mine and they don't look like the ones I've seen in other posts. I don't think mine are moving, but I'll have those looked at too.

You know, I wouldn't mind going to Byron to check out what you guys have been talking about. Mine is bone stock 'cept for an airraid. I just had some Pirelli Scorpion Zeros put on (285/50vr18). Would those be alright for the strip? I'd rather use something more like OEM. But I was going to wait until spring to get some performance rubber again. What day are you going? I work half-days on Saturday, till noon. Sundays are wide open. Especially with this weather. I'm a motorcycle freak and this is close to my hibernation time.

Thanks also RTKILLA.

Steve

Looks like saturday...sunday looks like rain...even if you work half a day byron is open till 6pm

I might be able to make it. If to just check it out at least. Anything I need to know? Or just show up?

Nothin special you need to know..General admission is 10 bucks and racing is 25.After you pay DA MAN,you pull up to the TECH both and they put a number on your truck...then its time to race..er uh wipeout...what ever your particular case may be!

I checked with Wickstrom about a month ago, same story checked with the SVT mech said he never did any yet. I live close to Joe Cotton guess when I have to have it done, it leaks about 1/2 gallon a week hope to hold off maybe they will come up with a fix.

Well, I won't be able to make it Saturday. If the weather holds I'll see about Sunday.

Back