Another Twin Turbo Gen1

Little bit of an update. Trucks been up and running. Still messing with the tune here and there. As the "cold" weather starts moving into Sc, Jeff has been helping me with some cold start adjustments...until it stoped running. It started to just completely turn off while it was idling. It would be idling fine then judt turn off... WTF! Then it did that just outside my garage. And wouldnt restart! Pushed it back in the garage and after talking with Jeff, Raymond and Holley. The Cam Sync in the F'n dual sync dist stopped working. No signal from the dist.
So the dist is at Holley now getting fixed. Good times!

Bit of an update. Sent the dual sync back to MSD. Then started looking around and sat F it, and decided to go CNP. Bought the setup from Stinger. Couldnt find a good looking place to mount the coils so i decided to mount them out of site on the frame. I got the coils mounted and ordered a set of wires from FireCore made to the lengths i needed. I needed to fix a couple of things in the coil harness and it started right up today20230130_142111.jpg

One of the biggest questions I have left on mine... Where will I put the coils? I really want them on the valve covers, but not certain I can do that with the GT40. Need to do some fitment testing.

So glad that you got rid of that dual sync. That thing was the source of so much agony.

Hopefully we see this beast making some hits soon. Definitely a sweet build.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

There's quite a few advantages for a turbo vehicle, like longer charge time for the coils, hotter spark, much more timing range, which helps with building boost, etc.

There's quite a few advantages for a turbo vehicle, like longer charge time for the coils, hotter spark, much more timing range, which helps with building boost, etc.
You should also be able to run timing after TDC when on 2 step to build boost quickly if you want. Not possible with TFI.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

What exactly are you looking to gain with individual coils?
No more msd junk to go bad

No boxs to go bad
Can run alot of boost and e85 and light it

Did I mention No more junk electronics for ignition?

Big plus is can do negative timing to build boost since no trans brake

No more msd junk to go bad

No boxs to go bad
Can run alot of boost and e85 and light it

Did I mention No more junk electronics for ignition?

Big plus is can do negative timing to build boost since no trans brake
I don't know about the later MSD stuff, but the earlier components I put on mine, are still on there and working well: ignition box, coil, etc... Maybe QA isn't what it used to be.
I have

Back