another ftvb ?

vvizard675

Gregg, i've read so many threads on the ftvb my head is still spinning. Every one has a different opinion on the shifting. I put my 2c in and i don't have a chirp in any gear, but the truck is basically stock(Lakewoods, CAI, and new Toyos if it matters) and i see conflicting opinions on if it will/will not chirp a stock truck. i've only got about 350 miles on the vb, fluid level is ok, should i give it some more miles? i disconnected the (-) battery at install. The shift is much improved over stock, but it seems almost like it has a firmer shift at part throttle than full throttle. So back to the point, should i be barking the 1-2 and chirping the 2-3 shifts? or do the guys doing this have more mods on there trucks?

i wanna do this.....:3g:

Each truck is different, along with the conditions in your area etc... If you want, I'll send you another one with a harder 1-2 in it.

G

Gregg, can you send me a new one? i have a bout 750 miles now and no chirp. can we firm up the 2-3 also? or is that a bad idea? you tell me, but a harder shift is in order for me.....

would a little chirp not be lost time at the track or does the cool factor over ride that ? No sarcasm I luv the chirp !

4475lbs said:
would a little chirp not be lost time at the track or does the cool factor over ride that ? No sarcasm I luv the chirp !
If their is some 'old rubber' on the track or you have something sticky out back , then it may just be a hard blast forward and no chirp!:tipsy:

Back