Another 12 Second Powerdyne Lightning

L

Lightning Ralph

Hi Guys,
I have a white 95' Lightning that just posted a 12.88 @ 103MPH...It has these Mods done to it:
Powerdyne Supercharger 9# Boost
Ported Stock GT 40 Heads
Extrude Honed Lower Intake
1.70 Cobra Rockers
Level 10 Converter
Level 10 Valve Body
FMS Shortie Headers
Gutted Cats
Borla Nastruck Side Exit Cat-Back
Superchip
M/T ET STREET Slicks 28x11.5 15"Rims
VP Racing Fuels 108 Octane
70mm Throttle Body
K&N Filter Cone
March Underdrive Pulleys
MSD 6BTM
Timing set at 11 Degrees
FMS Wires
Accell Pro Power Coil
4.10 Gears (Stock)
Stock 19# Injectors
Stock Cam
-NO- MASS-AIR (STILL SPEED DENSITY)
USE ALL SYNETHETIC FLUIDS ONLY
With a little more tuning , Mid 12's could be in the near Future???
---------------------------------------------
Ralph Voorhees Jr.
White 95'
SVT # 358
NLOC # 330
Team Powerdyne
12.88 @ 103MPH
(Comming Soon)
Red 93'
Big Thumper Single Turbo
Goal, Deep into the 9's

Heck yea very nice Id be looking for more Injector pretty soon.Not bad for a little powerdyne huh.

------------------
Marcus Harrison
95Lightning
TeamPowerdyne
(AKA)Sport car killer
NLOC#495

View

Way to go Ralph, 12 second timeslips definately have bragging rights, especially in these heavy trucks.Sounds like your combo is dialed in to the tee. Are you still running stock cam to boot?

Later
Steve

------------------
94 Crimson.
NLOC member #343
Team Powerdyne,
13.633@ 100mph
326rwhp
Wanting 12's
fec387a6.jpg.thumb.jpg

GREAT JOB!!!!!!What tire pressure are you running in you ET Streets? Are you flashing the convertor? What was your 60ft. on that run?

Damn Nice Run!!

------------------
Shawn
NLOC #387
Team Powerdyne
13.38 @ 102.85 2.05 60ft.
346rwhp - 425rwtq
White 94 #2703
ff5658b4.jpg.thumb.jpg

Nice run! CONRATULATIONS ON THE 12S!!
You guys are gonna make me slap a Powerdyne on The Big Red Machine! Are they still available for $1950? That would ROCK!

------------------
Rod K.
fe971776.jpg.orig.jpg

93 Lightning #1529
13.683 @ 97.82 Au Natural
98 SVT Contour E1 #5782

Tire Pressure on that 12.88 Pass was at 23 pounds of Air Pressure. My 60' ft. was a Fantastic 1.774.....Hope All you Powerdyne Guys keep getting Faster besides Marcus Harrison (The King of FAST POWERDYNE's)That's because there have been many people telling me ,"Why did you ever buy a POWERDYNE?? There so SLOW!!!!" When I passed the Kenny Bell Lightnings,They said good Job but it's NO Vortech!!!When I Passed by the Paxton NOVI Lightnings they said, WOW!!!! & When I Beat the Vortech trucks they just shook there Heads.... How?????? Stay Fast Team Powerdyne
Ralph Voorhees Jr.
95' White L
SVT# 358
NLOC# 330
12.88 @ 103 MPH

Being the underdog is where its at.I think you can still get them for under 2K.I hope to have the XB unit next year waiting for any bugs to be worked out first hehe.
I wish I would have ported my lower now.But didnt have the money for it at the time.

Ummm... got a ways to go before you get to the Vorteched trucks. Those guys have gone WAY down in the 11s (11.30s on Ketan Desai's truck).

I don't want to be a killjoy, but let's be realistic. Mod for mod a S-Trim will outpower a Powerdyne and you never have to worry about them breaking.

Also, who do you know with a Novi on their truck? Now that's a setup I'd be VERY interested in!! All I've seen from Paxton are the ball-drive pieces.

BTW, when your Powerdyne breaks, there's a guy out here in Cali that repairs them with better than factory parts and a better than factory warranty.

------------------
Later!
Jeff S.
Lightning #74 in '95 - 11.92@115.2-lotsa mods
Lightning #582 in '00 - 13.36@101.75- Swanson chip
1973 Datsun 240Z - project car
trux2.jpg

[This message has been edited by Jeff S (edited 05-01-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Jeff S (edited 05-01-2001).]

I love my powerdyne but it ant going touch a NOVI.Or make the power as a full boogie S trim.But not all S trims are in the 12s or 11s hehe.Dont spoil our fun here Jeff LOL.
POWERDYNE RULES

------------------
Marcus Harrison
95Lightning
TeamPowerdyne
(AKA)Sport car killer
NLOC#495

View

hey jeff, if you dont mind giving up the info, who is the guy who repairs the pdynes. a name, address, or email address would be cool. thanks again.

------------------
Paul DelPo
94L, Black
P-DYNED

Jeff Sparkman please don't take anything away from me putting my 95' Powerdyne Lightning in the 12's.. I was told the BEST I could run with this Blower is 14.1 to maybe 13.80's...Going 12's with what I have done to this truck is a Big Deal to me..Please Understand....My Red 93' BIG THUMPER TURBO TRUCK will be RACE ready in October & will compete at FORDS at Englishtown... That's if you want to talk FAST Lightnings better than 10's......But you can see for yourself...& by the way this truck you speak of running 11.30's I'm sure has a stock Cam, NO Mass-Air , Stock Injectors, ????Let's compare apples with apples!!!!!!
Thanks again,
Ralph Voorhees Jr.

Hey Ralph, I'll give credit where its due. Running 12.8's on a Powerdyne Truck is like Derrick Cope winning the Daytona 500 in his rookie year. Damn good job, I hope I can join you for the joy. Keep up the good work!
Steve

------------------
94 Crimson.
NLOC member #343
Team Powerdyne,
13.633@ 100mph
326rwhp
Wanting 12's
fec387a6.jpg.thumb.jpg

Ralph, sorry you took it that way - I don't see myself taking anything away from what you've done, merely taking up for the gear-driven superchargers, which I think is completely fair!!

You've done well! Not many Powerdyned trucks in the 12s so you get props for that. You and Marcus both have really squeezed that blower to its limit. I know of no one in all of Lightning-dom running faster than the two of you are with the Powerdyne no matter what mods they have (and only a couple of other people who are as fast).

So, be proud of what you've done, but keep things in perspective. Really, everything said and done, you've got a lot to be excited about! But knocking the gear-driven centrifugals wasn't the thing to do. They simply squeeze more sauce than the Powerdyne.

Hey, ask Joe Cloutier which supercharger I recommend when all-out performance isn't the main goal! Again, I wasn't beating up the Powerdyne and I certainly wasn't smacking your results...

[This message has been edited by Jeff S (edited 05-02-2001).]

HECK YEA worlds fastest powerdyne Lightning.Im putting a sticker on something.Watch out Jason.
If all you are wanting is about 7Pounds of boost and dont want anymore ever,I think the powerdyne is the way to go.BUT most people will want more later on, like Im wanting right now.Im just using a gas additive also to get me by for one more year LOL.

------------------
Marcus Harrison
95Lightning
TeamPowerdyne
(AKA)Sport car killer
NLOC#495

View

Went to the track last night for test and tune, ran 4 times only then had to go back to work. I easily equaled my best times last year. It was my first outing with the Bassani Catpipe and Aerochamber exhaust,Powersurge filter, Rancho bars and BFG Drag Radials. I was playing with tire pressures a bit and launch techniques. The track was a bit slippery and I wasnt hooking like I wanted too. Best 60' was 2.1. That is down by 2/10's from where I was last year, same ET though. The Rancho's performed very well, the hop is gone. The Drag radials is another story, It took me 3 trys to figure it out then on the 4th run, some idiot in street tires drove in the water box and did a burnout and put a nice layer of water on the starting block for the next guy, me!.
Anyway, the trucks power is there, just cant get it down on the track, spinning in first and when shifting into second.
I think I was lightning up the tires way too much was not hooking at all. Then I remembered reading a post that you are just supposed to clean them only with just a little tire spin to knock the little rocks off.. Seems to me that the tires got greasy when I did the big burnout. Perhaps, that is what the track manager was trying to tell me, when he waved at me, lol.
My thinking is going back when they have a sanctioned event the track will be better prepared and stickyer, with all that VHT and all.
Later
Steve

------------------
94 Crimson.
NLOC member #343
Team Powerdyne,
13.633@ 100mph
326rwhp
Wanting 12's
fec387a6.jpg.thumb.jpg

Back