Amtrack Train

How Ironic to derail on dat one of new high speed service. That has been touted as safe but feared as unsafe.
Sure hope all the injured recover and condolences to those families who lost folks.

Flying is safer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My understanding was that the train (high speed or not) was going way too fast for the curve.

Wife and I are way north of this accident. No issues with us. There is no easy way around this one either. This was the first commerical service run for the train. Many runs wre made, testing done, all claimed as good to go. Amtrak even had a media/PR run last Friday. Steve Stock may not have much fun locally in his town as one of the two listed detours run through his town ! Highway 16 splits his town and with the massive traffic it'll be fun to get around. As far as I know all the local Lightning guys are okay. Those that were on the train, well not so much for those people. Miraculously, only 3 are currently listed as deceased. From that crash it is a miracle of sorts that the casualty list is not much higher.

Scott

Well I guess they need to ensure the engineer is smart enough to apply the brake as the train approaches the 30mph curve at 80 plus.

High speed trains need high speed tracks which US does not have.

Like putting a 85 mph speed limit on a wagon trail road.

Trump tweets that this is a case in point justifying increased spending on infrastructure.

However, his proposed budget reduces spending on rail programs like this one by about $630M.

Way to know what the f**k you're talking about before you open your f**king mouth Mr. President ... ... again.

Not near as bad as Philly. But we were lucky IMHO. Those tracks were used for slow moving freight trains. This was the maiden voyage for Amtrak on these tracks. I think it will come down to the idiot at the helm as was Philly.
Traffic in my town is crazy because of this.
Steve

I don't know you were a Snow flake Ron....

I'm absolutely NOT a liberal.

I just think that certain folks holding certain positions should be knowledgable, ethical and trustworthy.

Hypocrisy, dishonesty, corruption and malfeasance are pervasive and rampant and it makes mad, sad and embarrassed.

...but at least he can't be bought...

He doesn't need to be "bought".

He's enacting legislation to specifically benefit himself and his clique.

The one's being bought are now those who've previously been in adamant opposition (or who've at least feigned opposition).

Stockpile your arsenals gentlemen, the coup(s) are coming and I fear that those of use who currently have the means to live at least comfortably will be inadvertently, unwillingly and unjustifiably caught up on the wrong side.

My door is always open ... just bring MREs, ammo and booze.

He doesn't need to be "bought".

He's enacting legislation to specifically benefit himself and his clique.

The one's being bought are now those who've previously been in adamant opposition (or who've at least feigned opposition).

Stockpile your arsenals gentlemen, the coup(s) are coming and I fear that those of use who currently have the means to live at least comfortably will be inadvertently, unwillingly and unjustifiably caught up on the wrong side.

My door is always open ... just bring MREs, ammo and booze.

I hope you are wrong Ron. But it is silly to sit around naive. There will always be the people that desire what others want and will take it at their leisure by whatever means necessary. Well we just need to look around and into the inner cities and see exactly that is going on in epidemic proportions. Speaking of looking around, in America, there are more and more people who feel entitled, do nothing but expect everything. Speak about human rights and peace, but will hurt you in a second if you disagree with them. These are the ones we need to protect ourselves and families from first, liberal state governments second like Washington with sanctuary cities that harbor felons, illegals and fugitives. I guess that leaves us with a 200 plus year old constitution so we can protect ourselves, thank god for that, or it would all be screwed up.

I hope you are wrong Ron. But it is silly to sit around naive. There will always be the people that desire what others want and will take it at their leisure by whatever means necessary. Well we just need to look around and into the inner cities and see exactly that is going on in epidemic proportions. Speaking of looking around, in America, there are more and more people who feel entitled, do nothing but expect everything. Speak about human rights and peace, but will hurt you in a second if you disagree with them. These are the ones we need to protect ourselves and families from first, liberal state governments second like Washington with sanctuary cities that harbor felons, illegals and fugitives. I guess that leaves us with a 200 plus year old constitution so we can protect ourselves, thank god for that, or it would all be screwed up.

Amen my friend ... Amen.

What is ironic is all the dems squabbling about how the tax changes benefit the rich.
WTF are you Schumer and the rest of your dem cronies. Fing far from poor. So to stand there and say this is a partisan plan benefiting wealthy is sorta hypocritical.

And how soon the dems forget about the shady back room deals and late night partisan votes that shoved Ocare up all our butts.

BOTH PARTIES ARE
CORRUPT ELITIST ARSEHOLES.

Back