Am I thinking right?

driven to build

New setup to come...Again
Looking for help on if I am upgrading properly for the PTS turbo kit. So far I have in mind for this...

75# injectors
dual 255 fuel pumps
SCT BA 2800
PI 2600 stall converter
Patriot stage II ported heads with comp turbo cams
SCT XcalII
Built block
C&L intake plenum
Phenolic spacer
7QT Moroso oil pan with ford svt high volume oil pump
Snow meth kit

Some questions are...

Do I need to upgrade fuel rails?
How about fuel lines?
What type of spark plugs?
Anything else I should be thinking about?

Dan (Driven) :)

Dan, I dont know how reliable the stock lines and stuff will be at the amount of power you can be at. I did run them on mine on the dyno to 738rwhp but when I got ready to go bigger, I decided to replace all that stuff. In fact, I am fairly certain if I had 'more' injector then, I could have made more power. Rails, lines, etc become suspect.

I'm planning on running TR6s with my new build up. Its not going to see pump gas though.

I was just under a Gen 2 helping install a new converter. I can't believe you guys make that kind of power on those tiny lines!! :eek:

Yeah I'd like to upgrade those lines... but WOW... the price of the JDM fuel upgrade is quite insane. I wonder if I could build my own cheaper.

I'm gonna build my own. Instead of running two -6 lines to the filter and 1!!! -6 to the rails, I'm gonna run a pair of -6 lines all the way.

Im staying with the stock fuel lines now on my truck. But Im not going to have a built motor. Im also staying with the tried and true TR6s

Yep figured I would too but trying to finish the engine parts first then handle the trans with a local shop.

Driven

colder plugs are better as far as turbos are concerned... my altima sees about 20 psi of boost, and I run 4 step colder plugs. stock is 5's I run 9's (NGK's of course).

FMOS Racing said:
I run (heat range) 7s in my SB, 8s or 10s in my BB.

I now have 6s in mine. Would it be a good idea for me to go to 7s?

I run 100 octane in the front tank and 94 octane in the rear, with the dual pump trick.

Last edited:
Back