Aluminum rods

fasthd

Has anyone tried running aluminum rods on their trucks yet, and if so how were they, other than oil temp. and oil pressure issues. I am considering these over H-Beams

Thanks,
Terry

An aluminum rod in a high horsepower lightning style engine will need to be replaced every so often because they will tweak more than a 4340 rod or billet rod. How much power were you considering? There would be some benifit from weight savings with the alum rods but, do you plan to freshen the engine every couple of seasons?

JimIII

According to BME they claim their aluminum rods are ideal for street/strip situations on supercharged and nitrous motors. Claiming because they are forged aluminum.

Terry

fasthd said:
According to BME they claim their aluminum rods are ideal for street/strip situations on supercharged and nitrous motors. Claiming because they are forged aluminum.

Terry

Yea I know Ive seen that they say that, and honestly I can only say that we havent done them before and the only true way to find out would be to do it. Just from what Ive seen with aluminum rods in other engines they have to be replaced so often. I definatley wouldnt do them for a street application.

JimIII

Back