Airtroop01 / Camcojb Questions

driven to build

New setup to come...Again
Do I need a phenolic spacer with the way the PTS kit is made? I ordered one but they are back ordered 6-8 weeks. My kit will finally be here on Monday and I can't wait to get my new engine to get started.

Also how are you coming on the MAF Translator Pro solution did you get started yet?

Dan

driven to build said:
Do I need a phenolic spacer with the way the PTS kit is made? I ordered one but they are back ordered 6-8 weeks. My kit will finally be here on Monday and I can't wait to get my new engine to get started.

Also how are you coming on the MAF Translator Pro solution did you get started yet?

Dan

Phil used a 3/4" phenolic spacer and the EGR tube lined up perfect. Without it you'll be bending the tube a lot, not an easy job. Double-check with Phil on the thickness but I believe that was what it was.

He has most of the wiring done, the unit powers up but he needed a tach adaptor for the correct square wave rpm signal. That was supposed to arrive today.

Jody

Thanks for the update. I looked at the EGR tube, it's out of my truck right now, and I agree that thing seems hard to bend.

Is he trying this in Speed Density Mode first and are they providing a base map or will you have to start from scratch?

Driven

He has a tuning appt. with Sal on Sunday, so unless Sal can tune this maf translator he'll be using the BA2400 and maf extender just to get some power numbers.

Jody

So how is the drivability of his truck now and how safe is his tune if he uses the Maf with the extender? Is his only problem the engine killing on fast deceleration?

The tune is plenty safe as far as a/f, but will peg the maf on a full pull, so he'll have to have the maf extender used and tuned by Sal to get any numbers. Once he's done there he's going to remove the maf and re-tune. Mainly wants some turbo power numbers.

Jody

If Pro Turbo Systems didn't make any changes to their plenum, I'm going to guess you'll need the phenolic spacer as I did. The LFP one worked out perfectly.

Yep no more maf would be nice!
Jason (svtjay) mr. electrician is coming over tomorrow and going to help knock out the rest of the wiring on the truck.

So far, not many pics to take other than show an unbolted center console. The biggest help is going to be the pins to tap into on the computer and also whether the tach adapter works and/or if its needed. Also the MafTPro guy is going to make the unit compatible with the WBC and some other things particular to running this on a Ford... so should be all good for anyone else to use when I'm done getting it all up and running.

Man I hoping this works Phil I don't want to be stuck with a truck I can't get running properly. I wonder if it will work with a Zeitronix wide band? Bet you didn't plan on being this much of a pioneer. If you get this up and running will you be trying your Snow kit and your Nitrous?

Dan

I'm not sure, but would that do anything to make it harder to pass emissions tests? I have a feeling I'm going to have fun with that already.

Driven

I think the Zeitronix wide band might be supported. I have to look at my documentation/mess with the unit to find out for sure. If that's what you have, I'll check for you. But as I said, the guy said it won't be a problem at all to support the WBC, I just had to give him some information and he said when I get everything 95% connected give him a call and he'll walk me through how to update the unit. It seems that as they make advancements you can update (think you might have to pay). Anyways, once he's done working this stuff out with me, he'll update all the units.

I'm already using the Snow kit. I won't run my truck without it - that's how strongly I feel about it. That MAFTPro unit is so cool it also makes amends for alchy/meth injection. I'd think as I get further into it, I'll want to get the SafeInjection unit Snow has out so I can dump boost if the alchy is not working to save my engine.

We'll see how much power I make without nitrous. The goal was to add a 50-75 shot on top of it all. At this level, I'll be interested in a progressive controller.

This truck is so wired up with gizmos its not even funny anymore!
I didn't expect to be doing this much trailblazing that's for sure.

You can delete the egr if you want to and turn it off in the tune. I just opted not to. I also seem to remember us thinking that other things lined up much better with the phenolic spacer in place other than just the EGR.

I do have the Zeitronix unit also I have a WTB ad up in the classifieds for the phenolic spacer. I want to keep the EGR. I also got the snow kit on it's way, should be here Monday. I can't wait to hear your results tomorrow, and if you got the Maf Translator Pro working to stop your killing issue. I keep finding myself looking at the computer for any updates.

I enjoy the wiring part so if yours works out it sounds like I will have alot enjoyment.

Driven

driven to build said:
So Phil how did your session with Sal go and did you get the MAF Translator Pro working?

Dan

No maf translator, Sal tuned with the extender. I'll let Phil post up his numbers. Made a lot more power than the KB, but hurt a plug before Sal finished with the tune. Baby steps.

Jody

driven to build said:
Was Sal able to tune out the stalling? How safe is the tune?

Dan

No, didn't really work on that. The tune is pretty conservative from what Phil said, they were taking small steps, sneaking up on it.

Jody

Back