A Good Late Model Junkyard ???

RobG

Internet vagrant
Anybody have suggestions on local junkyards that specialize in late model cars ??? Specifically, I'm looking for brakes off of a C5 Corvette ('97-'03) standard or Z06.

Lombard auto wreckers only does cars current year and back about 5/6 years, their a small yard on St Charles Road. dunno if they got vettes but good place to start

Rob, I assume you called the Rockford area junkyards? There is also one in South Beloit just off of 251. I don't know what they have, but they sell some cars from there too.

Elgin Super Auto Parts??? Lombard is very small but possibly as they deal in late 90's and newer... Is this for your Buick???

Justin

I haven't called Lombard but Elgin and a few in the Rockford area had nothing.
There's stuff on ebay but the shipping is as much as the parts.

Yup, the brakes are going on the Buick :thumbup:

Rob,
Here are some #'s for you:

Villa Park - 630-832-1936
West Chicago- 630-231-6322
Aurora- 888-899-4113
Lombard- 630-495-3132

If you are not successful at any of these let me know because a friend of mine used to be a mechanic at Suburban and installed the Z06 caliper's, pads and rotors on a buddies C5 and i believe he kept the parts but he may have sold them...

Justin

bump!

Hey there! Sorry if I'm posting at old thread but I'm just wondering if those numbers are for local junkyards? And are they still open? I tried calling some of them, but I couldn't get in touch with them. Anyway, my uncle is looking for some junk chevy accessories or stuffs and we're hoping if anyone could suggest some junkyard to get some things?

All should still be in business... Also there is Victory Auto Wreckers in Bensenville, but I don't have there #...

Justin

Yeah, there is something odd about all the posts this guy made in one day to real old threads.
Then again Rob still hasn't finished that project yet either:hide::stirpot:

Back