A few track kills

shaunditty

Shaunditty
My truck runs 14.1-14-3 consistently. It spins a little off the line my best 60ft is 2.09, lol. I'm working on it. Anyway I have a few kills I'll share with you.
#1) 95' black Impala SS LT1. Mods idk? But it was a old guy and it looked clean. Light turned green and I never saw the dude again. Ha
#2) 05' Dodge 1500 5.7L 340hp Hemi yellow Rumble bee edition truck. Bone Stock. Light turned green I don't know what happened to him? Never saw him again. He didn't have s chance! Ha
#3) 04' cobra w/mods. Kid was 18 yrs old! Bought it from NY and had some Street tires on it. He said dyno at 570rwhp!! He asked me if my truck was a 4x4 lol! He asked me about 20 questions., " is that a 5.0L?"..lol... He was certain he had a 11 sec car. Maybe but not with him driving it with that much power on that little tire that he kept saying is sticky. Idk? Anyway I beat him outta the hole and to the 1/8 or better were he ran around me like I was tied to a tree, lol. But to the 1/8th I had em. We came around and he said "your truck took off pretty good!"lol. I had nothing for that car but it was fun seeing him behind me most the way. Anyway thought id share that with you guys and update this section with something new to read.
Later!

Last edited:
A few street kills sounds like! Been there done that. Always fun tho. An 04' cobra ain't nothing to be ashamed about their a bad ***** and don't weigh 4400lbs!!!

Pretty sure that was track stuff.

I'm always amused by the people who SHOULD be fast, but aren't. Just shows how important the but between the wheel and the pedals is!

I get a perverse thrill out of track kills in the Flex. No one ever sees that one coming.

I love the street kills!!!!!!! Everything I do is on the street and love on the way into work will minding my own business someone will pull up and eyeball my truck and I kind of just ignore them until the light changes and I get them right at the light and they have to run so hard to make up the jump that they end up just frying the tires and look like idiots!

My only street kill lately was a Acura TL. Woman was all over my ***. When she went to go around me we caught the light. At that point I knew it was on. She kept inching forward so much to where she was 1/2 way into the intersection and I was still back at the light waiting. When it turned green I unloaded on her. She didn't have a chance she was running it too. At 70 or so I backed out and let's just say she stayed back there this time.

Nobody ever wants to run my truck anymore.... either they overlook it or can hear the NOVI whistling away lol

I'm much more likely to be dumb on the street in the Flex than I am in any of the other vehicles. With AWD, it's deceptively quick (don't laugh too hard, it runs 13.50s), low drama, etc, and can end most encounters before there's any real speed involved. The Lightning will blow the tires off, the Blazer is stupid loud, and the BMW is kind of lame (it's plenty quick, but the stupid DBW throttle/VANOS/whatever on it makes it sluggish).

Gotta watch those 03-04 Cobras. My son has one that puts down 620 at wheels. Ain't right!!!!

My buddy has one running about the same and we were playing around one night and he can't drive for one but could not get that thing to hook to save his life. I had about two cars on him but once the tire spin slowed down he'd reel me in and blow by me lol

Those ecoboost Flexes have 355hp.... Stock, I had no idea. That's very impressive

Ours ran 14.30s stock, 13.50s@101 with a tune. Going to put a 3-bar MAP and a 100 octane tune in for some springtime action, hoping it'll go 13.20s. :D The look on the faces of the people at the timing shack when they hand me my slip is usually kind of priceless. The first I remember is the guy looking at the slip, looking at the Flex, furrowing his brow, looking back at the time slip and shaking his head... He hands it to me and says, "Damn, really? That quick?" I just grinned!

Combine that kind of ET with me usually being able to put a half second on most drivers at the light, and it's kind of hard to beat on the street car side.

It was kind of annoying me when Cherie's dog hauler was faster than the Blazer! I was glad I got that monkey off my back.

Last edited:
Man I love the Flex been trying to talk the wife into one!! I seen one at the track a long time ago when they first came out it looked like an SVT model of some sort. Wished I knew what it was! It looked pretty bad!

It's really nice vehicle if you need the 3-row. The EcoBoost Limited is basically an SHO Taurus with a wagon body.

Nobody ever wants to run my truck anymore.... either they overlook it or can hear the NOVI whistling away lol

It is the Novi, had the same thing when I ran my Novi, didn't get another look until I put the silent but deadly 76mm on her.

It is the Novi, had the same thing when I ran my Novi, didn't get another look until I put the silent but deadly 76mm on her.

Indeed. The Novi isn't the quietest blower lol. Had way more people try me when I had the powerdyne on it

Back