a different type of kill story...

98svt_99svt

Well, as my sig states, I own a 98 Cobra. I let my brother borrow it the other night. I ended up meeting him at a bar later that evening. I asked if he knew how to drive it yet? He says "I'm getting there". After we closed the bar, we got to the parking lot, of course I was S--T tralking about his driving skill.
Cobra-
shifter
4:30's
31 spline mosers and Auburn
Centerforce Clutch
Bassani exhaust
125 stage II nos (empty bottle)

Lightning-
stock

I left a nasty holeshot in the parking lot, the place was filled with smoke!
My brother proceded to follow me out onto the road. I stopped, he pulled up next to me.

I told him not to be nervous, it's just big brother! He claimed he wasn't nervous.

Both engines were reving, he said he dumped the clutch at about 6700 rpm!!

We launched, I pulled on him through 2nd gear, the Cobra hit the rev limiter on each of his shifts (need to teach that boy), but the car is strong... very strong. In fact, my younger brother handed me my a$$... I was very happy he did! Sound strange? Maybe...

I congratulated him on his victory, he told me to get the L in the garage and get to work. Cocky little ******* !

It made me proud and sad at the same time. So what was the phone number to Jonny Lightning Performance?????

-Mike

------------------
98 Cobra #3733
99 Lightning #19

svt.jpg

MVSDESIGN
Flash web developement
http://www.mvsdesign.net

He launched at 6700?!?!?! I had a 97 Cobra before this and couldn't grip at 4K, let alone 6700. What tires are you running?
In a similar story, I was beat in my 95 Lightning while driving my buddies Chevy. Felt really good too!
smile.gif

------------------
2000 Silver L
"how much can you really know about yourself if you've never been in a fight?" Tyler Durden

6700????? sure..... I dont think the rev limiter would let you do that... but anyway.. that doesnt bother me as much as you and your brother doing that after being at a bar..... when you are drinking, leave your toys at home...

------------------
01 white lightning, JDM flip chip, Best ET so far, 13.23 @ 104mph.
2000 Civic Si, vortech, killer stereo, screaming little bitch.
2000 Suzuki RM125. slings mud every weekend.
85 toyota tercel
3 Beagles,My boyz, Pokey, Nitro, and Slinger JJ's Whitelightning

My new albums

Mike, dont worry, my wifes 97 cobra will hand my L its ass too!

I thought the new cobra's redlined at 7000RPM? so 6700 would be possible if I remember that right but I agree with JJ drinking and driving seems to not hurt the driver as much as it hurts the people they hit, and I dont want to be the person hit.

The fuel shut off on a 98 Cobra is 6800 and some change. Thats why he was hitting the rev limiter

------------------
98 Cobra #3733
99 Lightning #19

svt.jpg

MVSDESIGN
Flash web developement

One last thing, i'm a diabetic, so I do not drink, as far as my brother, he is the bartender, he can't drink (at work).

-Mike

------------------
98 Cobra #3733
99 Lightning #19

svt.jpg

MVSDESIGN
Flash web developement

Ewwwwwww....Slamed!!!!
biggrin.gif
wink.gif
Anyways, sounds like you guys had fun!

------------------
Shane L.

MATH is my favorite subject in school.....
~take 2 people, add a bed, subtract the cloths, divide the legs, and multiply like rabits!!!!

93 black- 13.14 @ 104 (mine)
99 red- 13.04 @ 107 (my inheritance) HEHE

Hehe, I kinda got that your bro wasn't drinking when you said you closed the bar. i figured he was the owner or bartender.

Good race, and good kill. hehe.
smile.gif

Damn JJ, didnt your parents tell you that if you dont have nothing to say nice, dont say it at all? The guy is talking about racing his brother, not drinking and driving. You always try to bring out the bad stuff in any situation. Just wish you would cut it out. I, as well as alot of other L owners, just wish that you would post a reply to a topic, not try to cut every response down...

just my 02.
Just clearing my chest...

Back