A cheap dependable programmer for ALL!

MyLightning1

My interest is a programmer fully featured CHEAP that will run on a laptop. That I can tune endless tunes to a variety of cars/trucks free! So I’m not the first with this wish I know. So let me spew my idea and lets see what bounces back.
Ok I know how we ford people are different than our inferior Chevy (boo) competition. We aren’t afraid of competition. So at the track when one of our brothers needs a hand we are there with a hand, a part or advice to help. And that is how we drove off and left them behind still holding on to their priceless take to the grave secrets. That took Camaro off the lot for years. So in the same spirit, pooling our tune ability could do the same. Why do we all need to learn how to tune for just a few mods? Sure the “state of the art” will all ways be ahead of us a bit, but not one of us would like to see a lightning motor blown up for no reason!
So a program written and say distributed free thru say “NLOC” with a data base of tunes online with ratings of satisfaction. Could be handy to all. Say you have tweaked a little to far and you are not sure if its your tune. Swap to one that has X Y Z mods and 365 thumbs up you could try it with out worry of damage and determine your error. Or if you have just found the blessing of a Lightning and don’t have a clue what to do as we read about here. It would be a perfect starting point. Lets not forget the endless amount of money that can be spent for nothing gained. It could make “NLOC” be the place to go for all of the ford owners with a quest for knowledge. The main thing this would do is put more Lightning’s out there running there best and bring their enjoyment up and their envoy higher. Most of us are not trying to set any land speed records, but we all enjoy the “wow I didn’t know a PU could run like that” etc. And we also know there are things that don’t work “BOOM”.
I think this is possible; sure this is off the top of my head. I’m sure there could be motives to “NLOC” to be part of it. Say donations to keep liability to a minimum. Before I waste any more of your time. What do you think?

tune for everyone

I think that the Delta Force could be close to this. I have such a unit that I tune ( or should I say try lol ) a L motor that I transplanted into a 4X4 F-150. Being real green to this, I have had help from other guys on the Delta Site forums. They have sent me tunes that I in turn put into my laptop and then reworked my tune to match theirs', and then I try it. Works great actually. From my research, this, for the Ford guys anyway, is probably what you are looking for. Prices are negotiable, but not cheap but not crazy either, but as in my case was worth it as there are no tuners in this part of the world ( North Western Ontario). I have had some frustrations but the customer support from Hollywood Racing ( where I purchased mine from) and the team from Delta Force ( Sam was over and above just great ) was fantastic. Their patience with me when I Froze up the PCM, got a Virus in my laptop and lack of knowledge at my first attempts to tune was, honestly not expected but greatly appreciated. Would recommend them and their product in a heart beat. They are always coming up with something new, not just sitting around. My feeling this is what would work in your plot to get us all on the samepage and able to share tunes. :eek:ldtu:

Back