99 turbo setup

Buy some pipes. A turbo. A welder. A waste gate. A blow off valve. A bigger maf. A lot of lines. A converter. Take time out to have it done properly, run 500/600 and be happy.

or

Send it to one a shop near you to have it done, pay a huge bill and be happy.

just making sure i have a completely stock lightning just exhaust and this will be ok? and i dont wana push the motor one but whats real safe hp tune

just making sure i have a completely stock lightning just exhaust and this will be ok? and i dont wana push the motor one but whats real safe hp tune

u can do it, ur truck is a lightning so boost is nothing new to it - not saying you should run a LOT of boost but your truck will be fine.

i have a 4.2l v6 f150... it runs 8psi on an intercooled turbo setup. if my truck can run a turbo.. urs can definitely do it :eek:ldtu:

I ran mine at 16psi and made 540 on pump gas with a bone stock motor. Keep the RPMs down and let the trubo do the work and you will be good. Use race gas if you wanna have a little fun at the track.

If you are planning on building your own kit, you might look into what I will be doing soon. I have a pair of Evo 8 stock turbos. The flow about the same as a 50 trim and have internal gates for cost and simplicity. I am hoping for 700 to 750 on about 20 psi on my built truck and the turbos should still be in their efficiency range with very quick spool up.

BTW, I picked up the turbos for about $150 each shipped.

^^
sounds like an idea..what is your plan? what kind of headers will you be using?

I will be using a couple of stainless log manifolds feeding dual 2.5" charge pipes into a y-pipe to 3.5" feeding a 4" core A to A intercooler to an Infinite Q-45 throttle body (or equivalent 3.5"/90mm round throttle body since I haven't found one yet) and a custom sheetmetal intake manifold (either full custom or maybe utilizing the lightning lower intake manifold minus the stock intercooler midplate).

Hot side pipes look like they will be a 2.5" to 3" transition from the turbo flange to SS downpipes and then vbanded to a custom dual 3" aluminium exhaust with custom aluminium mufflers and polished aluminium slant cut tips.

Why not use the flipped frpp shorties instead of building logs?

I can build a pair of logs for about $300 and that will give me the option of where to place the turbos. I will also be tig welding schedule 10 to 1/2" thick flanges to keep everything straight and crack free for many years.

Back