95 Gen1 turbo tuning?

ls1freek

I'm helping out a friend with his 95 L, im wondering what most of y'all are doing with tuning when it come to the Gen 1's, especially turbo stuff. I'm guessing most of you go with aftermarket ECM/EFI systems? Does anyone make a direct swap ECM that works good?

BTW, I custom tune LS engines as a hobby so I have quite a bit of tuning experience. Me and my brother both have turbo trucks ;)

I'm helping out a friend with his 95 L, im wondering what most of y'all are doing with tuning when it come to the Gen 1's, especially turbo stuff. I'm guessing most of you go with aftermarket ECM/EFI systems? Does anyone make a direct swap ECM that works good?

You can get the stock EEC to work "decent" with a turbo. The only hard part is the boost isn't linear with a turbo which makes it difficult to ramp the fuel rate with our archaic speed density. A mass air swap would be better as it would be able to read the air coming in and adjust the fuel accordingly. If you want the best then opt for a FAST set-up.

FAST Classic is what most are using. The thing is you will have to get a baumanator to tune the trans with too. It can be quite a pricey swap. But if you want it done and done right then PM Struckby as he is the electrical guru on the board and knows best what it takes to put a FAST system on a gen1. Mass air will be a bit cheaper but will still need a way to control tranny unless you keep stock ecm to control trans but still then you will need a device to tune tranny.

Back