95 F150 turbo build

I had assumed it was a lightning only event, I'd love to go. Gonna hold off until after drag week to make sure the trucks still alive lol, then its if I can get off work.

It's open to anything....
Good luck at Drag Week...that looks like a really good time..

Almost done with the roll bar install, just need to paint the swing out bars, seam seal some stuff, and make the pieces to close off the window on the upper side of the bar, and install seat harness. But I got an itch to drive it, and I had installed some 120lbs injectors I wanted to get some tuning done on. Threw the seat back in and took it for a drive, the truck defiantly stiffer!

Last edited:
Took the truck to the track tonight, it was my first time trying the 2 step and it was successful! Got my best 60' ever a 1.69! Truck felt slow cause the was super rich the whole way down 10.3 afr's, and it showed. Pulled some fuel for the second pass and was rewarded with my best pass ever!

Dan, congrats on such a cool build... I can only wish to get to your times... I had a few questions if you'd be willing to answer them.. please!

what headers did you use for the kit? are they mustang shorties 1 5/8 primaries or F150 specific shorties?

whats size hot side tubing did you use? and where did the two pipes merge? before or after the oil filter access hole?

when you used the Megasquirt.. did you just tap into the 42 pin connector?

thanks

Dan, congrats on such a cool build... I can only wish to get to your times... I had a few questions if you'd be willing to answer them.. please!

what headers did you use for the kit? are they mustang shorties 1 5/8 primaries or F150 specific shorties?

whats size hot side tubing did you use? and where did the two pipes merge? before or after the oil filter access hole?

when you used the Megasquirt.. did you just tap into the 42 pin connector?

thanks

I used some f150 5.0 pacesetter headers I bought off craigslist dont know the size of the primaries. Used 2.5 tube and merged to 3" before the oil filter access. The megasquirt I bought a break out box, got a junk ECU and desoldered the connector and put it in the break out box.

thank you for responding... Are you still running the VS78/75? would you still use that turbo if you were to build it again now?

thank you for responding... Are you still running the VS78/75? would you still use that turbo if you were to build it again now?

I'm using the vs racing 77/83, but the 78/75 is a good turbo. If I were to build it now I would probably use a t6 s475.

Back