94 prostreet lightning

wht94/392

just a little tow truck
I have started tear down.

My plan includes:
- crown vic swap front end
- four link rear
- TKO600 or may stay with a build E4OD
- Motor: I would like a coyote but, currently its not in my budget due to getting everything else done first. I already have a 393 kit, 383 race motor from another project, or 460 big block to work with. Not sure if i'm staying EFI or going carb yet. Holley Sniper EFI is an option or just stay EECIV and use a SCT chip I already have. The advantage to the sniper is it tunes itself.
- With the crown vic its about a 4" drop for the front and after a four link and tubbed rear it should sit nice
I will add pics as I get more done.

Although weathered, from the photos, this truck appears quite solid and intact ... kind of a shame IMO.

Also, this not a restoration and doesn't appear to provide any restoration tips, tricks or hints. This is a full-on modification. Therefore, I'll be moving this thread but I'll also give you a say in where it goes.

"Clones and Conversions" or the general Gen 1 Forum ... your call.

So restoring a truck only is restoring to stock? What is it called what he is doing?

He's doing the Matt & Chip thing.

Ruining another one or whatever it is we do. :tu

Honestly, sounds like a good one to me. I look forward to watching.

I'm trying to decide on which direction to go on my suspension so looking forward to seeing yours! Lots of pics!

Personally I like *all* the build threads to be in the main section, when you splinter off in to too many subforums it's hard to follow and stuff gets missed.

Well, since you asked ...

"Automobile restoration is the process of repairing the degraded aspect of an automobile to return it to an overall "authentic" condition. Restoration should be historically accurate as representative examples of the production model."

I hope everything in here is restored to "authentic" condition so to follow the rules.

its really both being a frame off "restoration" custom build so I thought I would start in this forum.

I hope everything in here is restored to "authentic" condition so to follow the rules.

I agree 100%

Resto...... restoration
Geezus Jamie ... chill ...

I merely indicated that I'd be moving the thread.

No one said anything about it not belonging and no one has used the term "delete" ... just relocation.

Even so, perhaps I'll wait a bit to see if the OP incorporates some useful restoration type information, data or techniques.

Happy?

Doesn't complete disassembly and reassembly qualify as a restoration technique?

head-in-hands.jpg

So much for database organization ... I'm not touching it ... it stays.

LMBO...... Ron gave up!!!!!

I LOVE braking your balls Ronnie boy. You and Jimmy are SOOOOOO easy to get twisted up.

Yea with my wife for 18 years. I'm an equal opportunity pain in the rear! It's not just with you Ron :)

Back