93 Problem ->

B

Brian K

Everyone,

I have a 93 with 138,000 miles and things are starting to act a bit strange. THis morning, I had almost no power down low. Then after 5 secs of puttering along, it took off as normal. After driving like this for 10 minutes, the Check Engine light came on.

The truck continued the lack of power down low, and the Check Engine light would stay on for about 5 min, go off, and come back on.

BTW, the truck still runs strong. No pinging or anything. The only other weird thing happening is that when I run the AC on a hot(95+) day, the temp gauge gets real flaky. Pulses high/low in a very quick timeframe. It's not the thermostat opening up. The needle just randomly moves around a given area for about 10 seconds and then stops. While it does this, the truck does hesitate.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Brian K
99.5 Black L 3,000 miles
93 L - Daily Driver

And you have checked your grounding straps to the block?

Hey Brian ,
Sounds like a fuel filter problem, but that is just a guess. (My sister's car did the same thing and that was the problem.
Later
Will M.

Everyone,

Turns out the check engine light was caused by a faulty coolant temp sensor. I replaced that and the light is gone.

I did replace the fuel filter this morning and saw no difference. After a drive test, the same things...boggs at takeoff, a few seconds later, it runs like normal.

I may try changing out the fuel pressure regulator later today.

Thanks again

Brian K
99 L
93 L

Back