For Sale: 93 LX 5.0 Mustang

SOLD 93 LX 5.0 Mustang

***SOLD*** FYI sold for 3450 on ebay.

Ok folks. I need to sell this car so I can get my Gen1 back from my son. It was his daily driver and it is time to get something more logical as a college car. He is in a med program and has zero time to wrench on this and we need a smog legal car that will pass emissions.

Here is the current CL link: https://smd.craigslist.org/cto/d/chesapeake-beach-1993-mustang-lx-50-5/6791278303.html

This one is a decent car that I just rebuilt the T5 with all the upgrades to make it better than a stock WC including new 1st & 2nd gears, sliders, input shaft, mainshaft, bearings, syncros etc. This thing shifts perfect. I installed a Luk clutch that is the same spec as the FMS Cobra Kit they used to sell.

The motor (longblock) is the unknown factor. We bought it as is and I know it is not stock. When I pulled the upper and lower intake for a re-seal, I found the intake ports are port-matched and some minor bowl work. Sort of explains why someone had installed the aftermarket fuel lines and regulator. I got it dialed in as much as possible for reliability.

Also, it was an Automatic so the 8.8 is 3:27 gears. The diff could use a rebuild and the rear control arm bushings are giving up. I can see where someone had done some welding at the diff to axle tube joints. Not sure why they did this.

I have replaced a lot of things on this car with the intention to keep, not crappy work just to get it sold.

I know it sounds cliche' but I really need my Lightning back so if you know anyone in the DMV area, please pass along. I started the price at 4800 so folks would feel good about talking me down to my bottom dollar which is $3,800. Now the price is what it is.

Rick,

252-617-0317

Last edited:
Back