Sold: '93 Lightning ECU

Status
Not open for further replies.

lightn95

like the title says, I've got an ECU from a '93 Lightning in good working order. The truck had roughly 80k when it was pulled.

$170 shipped.

actually they aren't. the tps modules are different cause the wiring is different to the ecm. so a c3p1 and a c3p2 may work together but one from a late 94 to 95 wont work. not without some other difficulty's and im tired of mis matched parts. that's why I ask cause what im working with is a C3P1 mid to late 93.

actually they aren't. the tps modules are different cause the wiring is different to the ecm. so a c3p1 and a c3p2 may work together but one from a late 94 to 95 wont work. not without some other difficulty's and im tired of mis matched parts. that's why I ask cause what im working with is a C3P1 mid to late 93.

This is what me and my shop were finding out. How do they say they are interchangeable when one truck is wired for a different module.

Yes, it is a C3P1. I don't see the mfg date on it. If you PM me your number, I'll text you pictures of any and all the codes on it. Maybe you know which one is the mfg date.

They are ALL interchangeable, now there is a discussion around diodes in the MLPS, but again ALL THE COMPUTERS WILL SWAP between all the Gen 1 Lightnings.

In 20+ years I've run every possible combination of truck and computer.

At this point I don't care if they are interchangeable cause my question has been answered. consider your part sold my friend. I will pm you.

I'm not sure what the diode and MLPS is coming from. The diode issue is whether it's in the PCM or solenoid pack.

Late, late 94 they moved the diodes protecting the circuit from the solenoid pack up to the PCM. So if you use a late 94 or later PCM in an earlier 94 or earlier you're just double protected.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back