93 Lightning - 95 E4OD : what connector?

idk the part number

but i do know the nuetral saftey switch is a different plug also....

and i cheated one time i bought a 93 trans that was rebuilt for a buddy.. swapped solonoid packs out.. plugged right in works great......

The MLPS harness or the control harness? If all you need is a connector, check this out: http://www.fordtechservice.dealerconnection.com/Renderers/ie/wiring/svg/images/connectorcatalog.pdf

Looks like the MLPS connector is on pg. 25 ... WPT-389 / 3U2Z-14S411-FVA

fCpgIcr.png

Looks like control harness is WPT-571 / 3U2Z-14S411-VNA on pg. 30

2ZsZfG7.gif

Last edited:
Is the solenoid connector the same on all years? Now that I think of it, I put a 95 trans in my old truck and I think I only changed the connector for the MLPS. I forgot that the MLPS was removable. I guess I could just swap that over to the new trans for now??? :?

So I just pulled a 95 Bronco apart that had an E4OD. Obviously I should be able to take the connector off of it, but is there any reason I can't just use the whole tranny harness from the bronco? Is the wiring different under the hood?

When I sold an E4OD from my 94 to a guy wanting to put it in a 96 van he said all he did was repin the plug and it worked perfect.

Updating this old thread after an interesting discussion with Jamie V...

'95-up transmission connector pigtail p/n is 3U2Z-14S411-VCA, Motorcraft WPT-590, and here's the '95-up pinout diagram:

What's more interesting, especially for those who are swapping a '95-up trans into a '94-earlier truck or vice versa, is that according to the thread below, Ford moved circuit protection diodes from the solenoid pack to the PCM starting in '95, which means that running a '95-up trans in a '94-earlier truck puts your trans control circuit at risk unless you run a '95-up PCM or make other accommodations to protect the circuit.

http://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum...e/213663-1994-e4od-swap-1995-need-advice.html

Good info Jamie!

Updating this old thread after an interesting discussion with Jamie V...

'95-up transmission connector pigtail p/n is 3U2Z-14S411-VCA, Motorcraft WPT-590, and here's the '95-up pinout diagram:

What's more interesting, especially for those who are swapping a '95-up trans into a '94-earlier truck or vice versa, is that according to the thread below, Ford moved circuit protection diodes from the solenoid pack to the PCM starting in '95, which means that running a '95-up trans in a '94-earlier truck puts your trans control circuit at risk unless you run a '95-up PCM or make other accommodations to protect the circuit.

http://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum...e/213663-1994-e4od-swap-1995-need-advice.html

Good info Jamie!

I am working on it too Fred, I have placed an email to Mike Glover to find out if there are any differences in EECs on our trucks because of this. If so which and does this have anything to do with the push/start and CCD tfi coils in these EECs as well. All good fact finding stuff. Maybe Paul will chime in. There has been a rash of EEC failures lately wonder if this occured after the 95 trans upgrades?????

The New style connector (95) it seelfs sucks IMO the 94 and lower connector is much more secure. I accidently broke the holder tab that keeps the connector connected while installing it. Very weak

Interesting info.

If the diodes are truly in the ECU and not in the wiring somewhere it would seem easy enough to take one of the replacement solenoid pigtails and add diodes. I think this will take some digging in to Steve's wiring data. But again adding diodes inline is no big deal.

How about using a 94-older solenoid pack in a 95-up trans. The trans in my 93 is a 1995 model and was in another 93 Lightning when I got it. It appears to have a 93 solenoid pack. It plugged in directly into my 93 wiring and works correctly.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

Jamie, I resent the message today to Mike Glover asking him about the diodes and ICY1 processors. I should hear back today.
I am going out on a limb here and it may turn out to be false but I'm thinking that the diodes are indeed moved to the ICY1 processors and there lies one of the differences in the catchcodes between the C3P2,C3P3 and ICY1s. Certainly there is at least something written warning the use of 95 solenoids in earlier processors. Raymond, do you know anything of this. Does anyone have an ICY1 processor that the can put up a pic of the board??

BTW, Im texting Paul for his input.

Back