90 Short Box Checking in.

MPP8405

New Guy Checking in:

1990 F150 XLT Lariat
Reg Cab Short box
AOD, 3.55 w/ Traklok

Mods:

5/7 Lowering Kit by DJM
17x10 Wheels (not sure, changing em previous owners taste)
Flowtech Headers True Duals with Thrush Welded Muffs with side Exit tips
K&N air filters.
Roll Pan
Full LED conversion of Bulbs excluding headlamps.
Pioneer NEX HU.
Autometer Gauges.
Mac Performance Deep sump trans oil pan.
B&M 24,000LB stacked plate trans cooler
Plans:

Thinking about FITECH Port injection Kit or go carb in spring.
E303 cam, Full roller Conversion. (have parts)
Have a set of AFR 165CC Heads
Lentech AOD with appropriate converter.
Remove front fuel tank and change rear to 38Gal bronco Tank
Paint truck Satin black and change wheels to something more classic

https://scontent.fymy1-2.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/42322583_10160936229310344_1812114094514241536_o.jpg?_nc_cat=103&oh=bbe750ef4cd35b553eb43f1439395f1d&oe=5C4DE4C7

https://www.facebook.com/mat.plante/videos/pcb.10160936230110344/10160936229375344/?type=3&__tn__=HH-R&eid=ARC0IjNMpA_PGLOuq7G2q8RhQkVU0xWTEvtJEiHyzCCqr0P0vWoc8mQo7LvMQ4rsfsY5_6FcZJ5U37ot

Welcome to the neighborhood.

Agreed on on your feeling that those wheels might need to be re-thought.

Personally, I always thought the American Racing Salt Flats look nice on the brick nose.

4AC42188-AF00-4649-A2CC-641AEFD0ADBD.jpg

DEE00C05-263E-448F-8063-E2338DECC6CF.jpg

just a thought, with your truck being lowered so much in the rear, that large bronco tank is going to hang very low. i considered using only the bronco tank also, but after getting the vertical depth dimension of the bronco tank and comparing it to where the bottom of the stock tank is, i decided it was too low for my conscious to be clear. the spare tire will also have to be relocated somewhere else or deleted. i went with just the rear stock tank only. it does require stopping for gas more often. the bronco tank is also very visible from the rear. there are some photos of the bronco tank install around, check them out. it all depends on what you want.

I’d do a rear stock tank as well. I’d run a TFS stage 1 cam instead of the e303 which sucked in my 302 truck. Other then wheels and removing the cab visor that truck will be sweet.

Spare tire mount is long gone.

Was thinking the bronco 38 gallon tank and remove the front. or maybe fix the leajking front one. Not sure yet

Would like to redo my exhaust. not happy with what the previous owner did (bunch of crushed pipes) and crappy welds.

The cam i could rethink, dont want something too crazy yet but I am sure the heads will wake up my 302. my trans is stock for now.. would like to concider a stand alone EFI (yes i heard the speil on MAF conversions not interested) and i want to clean up the engine bay . I like the look of a carbed setup anyways.

I don't mind the visor but the holes drilled on the drivers side A-pillar have made a rust spot i want to repair. Windshield needs replaced have two rock chips in it. and the visor has to come off to replace the windshield.

I had a sonic blue 91 that I put a demon carbed 351 in with 4.10’s, 2400 converter, Edelbrock performers and comp 268 cam. Was badass and outran everything i raced on the street. Everyone was so surprised that truck would run like it did. It was the truck I sold when I bought my lightning. Man do I wish I had it back! Memories...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had a sonic blue 91 that I put a demon carbed 351 in with 4.10’s, 2400 converter, Edelbrock performers and comp 268 cam. Was badass and outran everything i raced on the street. Everyone was so surprised that truck would run like it did. It was the truck I sold when I bought my lightning. Man do I wish I had it back! Memories...

Sounds like a Nice truck ASAP, Don't ask me why but I think I remember seeing a truck like your 91 on another ford truck forum years ago it had wider wheels and 92-96 Mirrors on it?

I actually like the 87-91s better . I am going for simple yet powerful. I want to clean the useless stuff from my engine bay and focus on a decently breathing 302 for now. Likely in a few years I'll be looking at a 408 or 427W on a Dart block and AFR 225CC heads. and get Lentech to build me a strip terminator AOD. I have a 9" rear from an 83 F150 i bought like 20 years ago might regear that and swap it in.

Sounds like a Nice truck ASAP, Don't ask me why but I think I remember seeing a truck like your 91 on another ford truck forum years ago it had wider wheels and 92-96 Mirrors on it?

I actually like the 87-91s better . I am going for simple yet powerful. I want to clean the useless stuff from my engine bay and focus on a decently breathing 302 for now. Likely in a few years I'll be looking at a 408 or 427W on a Dart block and AFR 225CC heads. and get Lentech to build me a strip terminator AOD. I have a 9" rear from an 83 F150 i bought like 20 years ago might regear that and swap it in.

Yes it had the new mirrors. That would be awesome if it was my truck. I have pics of it on an old laptop I’ll have to dig up and post.

That sounds like an awesome combo to build! I had a local shop build my AOD but it would not shift out of drive at full throttle which I hated. With the 4.10’s top speed at WOT was about 120mph. But really that’s all in needed for street use.

Welcome. Nice to see another Pre-Lighting F150.:tu
The Lentech AOD works great. I`ve had mine for 13 years and it has performed flawlessly and i`m pushing 500 ftlbs through it.
The only thing, as ASAP pointed out, it will not go into OD at wide open throttle but I rarely need to drive at 120MPH.
The truck had been carbed since `95 and last year switched to Holley Sniper. Much happier with the EFI.
I`m still running both tanks with a custom fuel system. It is nice having the driving range with both tanks.

^^^ there he is ...

I was wondering if and when you’d show up Sporty.

How about showing us some current photos of the lemon zinger.

Hi Sportruk,

Lentech is local to me, Yeah even in the Strip terminator is only rated for 550HP in O/D. Full on race versions of the AOD can be configured as a 3 speed trans which can handle 1500hp.

I am not crazy for the dual tank system, like the idea of one big tank. plus this way it will give me the space to redo my exhaust with long tubes, H pipe and some decent mufflers (plus I am very happy that driveclean is being scrapped)

I have been doing some research on several throttle body type FI system. How was the install and the learning curve of the Sniper system?

I didn`t realize you were a fellow Canuck until you said Lentech was local to you.

I`m really happy they killed emission testing. I switched back to EFI due to the testing as it was getting harder to pass with the carb.
You can read about the Holley install and the issues I had in this thread.http://www.nloc.net/vbforum/showthread.php/229019-Holley-Sniper-EFI

I just recently ordered the cable to connect a laptop to start playing with tuning. To date, it`s been self learning. I need to work on the cold start and warmup section of the tuning.

The AOD I got was the Street Terminator Plus with the wide ratio gear set and 12`2200 stall non-locking torque convertor.

Well I struck a deal on facebook today found a 351W engine complete from a guy parting out a 1995 E-150 that got hit from the rear, I believe it's a F4TE roller block, had the MAF setup, likely won't be using the electronics but I don't mind the block, heads not so much, for 600 bucks i won't complain. hopefully i can bolt on my AFR's paint and prep this engine and bolt it in after I find a proper flexplate and decide what setup on EFI or carb I want to do. https://scontent.fymy1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/45240862_10161090360005344_5680971693598703616_n.jpg?_nc_cat=100&_nc_ht=scontent.fymy1-1.fna&oh=519962ec2be8ff16bf1344599f30e689&oe=5C78BE83

Back