#8658 is getting a new heart!!

joedpl

I posted this over on NHTOC so I thought I would post it here in the LOOK forum. I ordered a JLP long block last week for my 2002 HD, I'm considering it a happy 25th birthday present to myself. Hopefully it'll ship within the next week and then who knows how long the freight company will take to deliver it.

Congrats! Your going to love it I'm sure........What blower your going with?

Sent from my iPad2 using Tapatalk

Congrats! Your going to love it I'm sure........What blower your going with?

Sent from my iPad2 using Tapatalk

I'm gonna keep my magnum powers for now, but now I'll be able to spin it hard w/o worrying about blowing the motor. I haven't made any decisions on future superchargers.

I posted this over on NHTOC so I thought I would post it here in the LOOK forum. I ordered a JLP long block last week for my 2002 HD, I'm considering it a happy 25th birthday present to myself. Hopefully it'll ship within the next week and then who knows how long the freight company will take to deliver it.

Congrats man, this is EXACTLY what I plan on doing. I need to call JL this week and price everything. I'm worried I don't have enough put aside for a built long block, I have a little over the cost of a built short-block and I was looking at selling my Mustangs built power-plant to cover the cost of heads/cams combo for a full long-block build from JLP. Guess I need to stop over-thinking things and just make the call.

BTW, Happy Birthday... when was/is yours? Mine is today... 29, f*ck I am getting old

Congrats man, this is EXACTLY what I plan on doing. I need to call JL this week and price everything. I'm worried I don't have enough put aside for a built long block, I have a little over the cost of a built short-block and I was looking at selling my Mustangs built power-plant to cover the cost of heads/cams combo for a full long-block build from JLP. Guess I need to stop over-thinking things and just make the call.

BTW, Happy Birthday... when was/is yours? Mine is today... 29, f*ck I am getting old

The long block I ordered was a hair under $8,500, $450 of that is the core charge for the heads and another $400 for shipping so the engine itself is "only" $7,650. I'm hoping to sell my long block for 1,500-2,000 so that'll be nice for me.

My birthday is today also!

Back