#4862 1993 Mini-Restoratiom

93SVT

Paid NLOC Member
I Support the NLOC
I got the wheels on and hopefully soon will be in paint and body (if he stops pushing me back)

Unless you guys are uninterested or this is the wrong spot I'll start this thread to show progress. I'll try to get pictures during the paint and body process. If anyone cares to see more before pics I can put them up also.

Anyway here's the start I guess. The wheels. I didn't exactly plan to have them put on this soon in the process but it's just the way it happened. Along with that I did front and rear shocks, brakes, booster, master cylinder and rubber caliper brake lines in the front. Excited it's finally happening!
ddd307a5eaa2b262df7a670c2b5ceb49.jpg
6d46333aff5ddfd4b4973dd853acb3c3.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Yeah they are LMR. Are you insinuating it sits high?

Last edited:
Nice progress. Out of curiosity, why did you put rubber brake lines on when you could have done stainless steel or equivalent?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

I got the wheels on and hopefully soon will be in paint and body (if he stops pushing me back)

Unless you guys are uninterested or this is the wrong spot I'll start this thread to show progress. I'll try to get pictures during the paint and body process. If anyone cares to see more before pics I can put them up also.

Anyway here's the start I guess. The wheels. I didn't exactly plan to have them put on this soon in the process but it's just the way it happened. Along with that I did front and rear shocks, brakes, booster, master cylinder and rubber caliper brake lines in the front. Excited it's finally happening!
ddd307a5eaa2b262df7a670c2b5ceb49.jpg
6d46333aff5ddfd4b4973dd853acb3c3.jpg

nice looking truck, wheels and exhaust tips. should look really good when you get it painted.

Honestly it was just a safety thing for right now. They were dry rotted. I just wanted to take care of that issue and then if I decide to do more upgrades to the braking system I'll look into the other ones.

I figured they lasted 26 years I'll just go with the rubber again for now.

Is the advantage to the steel ones just durability or something more?

The wheels look REALLY good ! I keep thinking about a set for one of our trucks. Maybe next time LMR offers a good discount . . . . .

Scott

I finally pulled trigger at $849.99

I finally pulled trigger at $849.99

Yeah, and that price is pretty easy to live with, especially with chrome center caps. If qaulity is very good then it's a good deal to me.

Scott

It's officially (finally) been dropped off at body shop. Hopefully have pictures to add soon!

Last edited:
Very nice

How do you feel about the wheels in person. They good quality?

They look awesome but in person report

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Very nice

How do you feel about the wheels in person. They good quality?

They look awesome but in person report

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
As weird as this sounds, with them being as expensive as they are I don't really feel comfortable commenting on the quality as far as recommending or not. I will just say I'm my opinion I love them and as far as I can tell the quality is good.

I'd hate to say "yeah they are great" and then someone order them and open the box and be like "wtf?!? Was that guy crazy these are junk!"

I've had chrome wheels since Ive owned the truck (1999) but they've been shot for so long that these really made a huge difference and couldn't really be happier.

I hope I at least sort of answered you question way longer than you hoped I'm sure

If you ever wanted more/closer pics ill supply whatever you want

Is Carlite windshields still available for these trucks? Has anyone used an aftermarket company and had any issues? Any recommendations at all for new windshield?

No pictures yet, I think the painter is going to document/photograph different steps for me. I got these mats from LMR since I saw a sale. They are meh but for under $100 they are nice. Definitely not a stock set.
c1ec234b0ce49a1ec339301da85b2967.jpg
b3588002da1759b384817a4e5995fded.jpg

Back